Trying out posting images

Trying out posting images

Forums The Cloud Forum Trying out posting images

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Graham Davis avatarGraham Davis
      Participant

Here’s my first try at posting on this new forum.
      Altocumulus lacunosis

All looks good to me, Graham.
      By the way, you can add a photo to your profile (could be anything) by clicking on your name and using the Change Profile Photo link.

Gini Wells avatarGini Wells
      Participant

Testing, testing……….

I had no problem going straight into this page from the link you posted, Gavin, on the old Forum (I had logged in first) – hooray! Fingers crossed things continue to go smoothly from now on. I will have a go at uploading a picture in another post.

Gini

Participant

Works for me too. I tried another different browser (Qupzilla) so as to start from scratch and avoid any possible hangovers. Thanks, Gavin.

That’s great news, Gini, and I’m glad that it worked in a different browser, Graham. It looks as if things are coming together. Gini, I see that you have successfully uploaded a profile photo. Let me know if you have any difficulties uploading a photo to your Album and posting it. I am still investigating whether this is going to be the best way forward for posting images.

Participant

Hi Gavin,
      I had no problem uploading a photo for my profile, using my Samsung tablet gallery, but when I tried to upload a photo to my Album, the tablet went straight to the camera instead of the gallery when I touched ‘Choose file’. I will try the same thing on my laptop to see if this is a general problem or one confined to the tablet and get back to you. Gini

Andrew Pothecary avatarAndrew Pothecary

Works for me! I’ll try a photo upload later…

Participant

A mixed sky

Am trying to post a picture from my laptop – it appears the problem uploading to my Album was a tablet issue: it worked fine from the laptop.

Ah-ha! It’s worked – good. But the URL copying is a bit long-winded – will there be an easier way of putting photos into a post as this site develops? Would it work simply to paste the URL straight into the post?
      http://cloudappsoc.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/album/263/Card-cloud-600×504.jpg

Ah – interesting. The picture doesn’t display but the URL does link to the picture.

Participant

Gini, one of the problems with the old forum was that in some circumstances, such as when we wanted to point to a large hi-res picture, we needed to post a URL that wouldn’t immediately show as an embedded picture. At least you’ve proved that the new system solves that problem.

Well that’s a good development then. There is currently a file-size restriction of 2MB per photo uploaded to the system. I am going to have to see how this side of things pans out because if we have a lot of people uploading a lot of images the server costs might become an issue.

I’m currently looking into getting these user images stored on a different server that it is scalable as the membership numbers increase. I’m hoping that I can get a clearer idea on this by the end of the week.

Keith Coldron avatarKeith Coldron
        Participant

I see that this has been going a couple of weeks now, one solution which I found to limit download size is to use the “Free” Windows “Image Resizer” It is a quick download and really does work very simply.

Michael Lerch avatarMichael Lerch
      Participant

Here is my go at it..see which works

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/28tjo.jpg[/IMG]

http://tinypic.com/m/ibvw2o/3black and white

Participant

null
      Image and video hosting by TinyPic

http://i59.tinypic.com/28tjo.jpg

okay..for Tinypic users, the successful address is the one that is labeled..HTML for Websites ( the first choice)

Participant

Hey, Mike – nice to see you on the new Forum! And as ever, posting a wonderful image.
      Hope you have a photographically phabulus 2015 (and I hope we get to see lots of images here).

Participant

And here’s another one that I took this morning whilst going to get my morning paper.

Participant

A nice sunrise there Graham. Makes getting up early worth it. Below is sunset close up from backyard here in Phoenix:

sunset

ps..this time the 2nd ” choice”,, IMG code for Forums and Message Boards,, worked when address was copied and pasted into IMG field,,from Tinypic.

Helen Mills avatarHelen Mills
      Participant

Gini, Mike and Graham, a delight and relief to see your photos, wonderful. I’ll have a go at posting here as it didn’t work on my first try in the test pic topic.

Participant

Nup, ah well… at least I can see yours. I’m using a MacBook Pro, Safari server. When I hit the Submit button it doesn’t respond. Is this a computer thing or something I’m missing?
      Helen

Helen, you might want to try the other method of including an image in your post. I have added a topic explaining how to upload images, which might help. Let us know!

Participant

Gavin, I uploaded a picture into Album , but when I clicked on thumbnail, no response and there’s no URL appearing. I tried copying image location but that didn’t work.

Participant

evening, Victor Harbour</p>” alt=”Victor Harbour” />

Here’s hoping..

No, I am still missing something, but I’ll persist. Can’t seem to generate a valid URL.

I can see the image that you added to your Album. In order to get the url of this image, you need to click on the right button of your mouse to make a menu appear that has an option to copy the url, or the ‘address’, of the image. A normal mouse click will not make the menu appear.
        This allowed me to add your image:

Participant

Thank you Gavin. My MacBook Pro doesn’t have a mouse, just a touchpad, so I purchased an Apple Magic Mouse, but no matter whether I click on the right or left, or once or twice or any combination of the above, I cannot get a URL. (I’ve enabled right click in system preferences). I have a computer – savvy friend who may be able to sort this out for me.

Helen, oh no – I didn’t want you have to go and get a mouse! There is always one way of doing it even if you don’t have one. Since you are on a Mac, you can do it by holding the ‘ctrl’ button (bottom left of keyboard) as you click on the photo in your Album using your trackpad (or your new mouse). This should show you the little drop-down window that will give you the option to copy the url or the address of the image. Does that work?

Participant

Thanks for your persistence Gavin. Here goes….virga

Photo Editor avatarPhoto Editor
      Keymaster

Asperatus

Photo Editor avatarPhoto Editor
      Keymaster

Further to upload details, for windows 8 and mozilla firefox users, when you are selecting an image from your album, left click on the image you require, then right click on the image and select ‘copy image location’ from the menu that opens, then return to the post and click on ‘img’

clear http from the box that opens and paste in the url this will appear as text until you click ‘submit’, image will then appear in the post ….IanL..

Thanks for this, Ian. I will add something to the instructions.

Since you use the Photo Editor login for updating the gallery, rather than you own member login, you are appearing on the post author as just a “Cloud shop customer”. Would it be better to login as yourself, with your actual membership login, rather than in the generic Photo Editor role? Email me if you need to be reminded of login details…

Participant

cloudscape

Søren Hauge avatarSøren Hauge

Lenticularus Tenerife 26 january 2015

Works ;) A somewhat slow procedure compared to Facebook, but it works…

Lenticularis Hat, Tenerife, 26 january 2015, Ellen Borkus, Denmark.

Danish source: http://vejret.tv2.dk/2015-01-25-imponerende-sky-over-populaer-ferieoe

Paul Jones avatarPaul Jones
      Participant
      Jim Thalassoudis avatarJim Thalassoudis
      Participant

A recent oil painting; The Summit, 2014, oil on linen, 76 x 76 cm Just testing the posting of images

Well that didin’t work :(

Jim Thalassoudis avatarJim Thalassoudis
      Participant

ok, that worked, finally defogged my brain to work it out

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.