Uploading an image

Uploading an image

Forums The Cloud Forum Uploading an image

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

If you would like to display one of your images within a post on the Cloud Forum, you can upload it to the ‘photo album’ of your member profile. Once uploaded, you can insert it into any forum post. Here is how it works:

Upload an image to your Album:

1) Assuming you are logged in as a member of The Cloud Appreciation Society, click on the menu icon in the top right of the forum header. The side area that appears should show your name. Click on this to go to your forum profile page.
      2) Click on the ‘Album’ link and then ‘Upload Picture’ to choose the image to upload, selecting one of the options for who will be able to see it.
      3) Now the image appears in your Album, and will be visible when others view your profile page (assuming that you’ve made the image public)

Insert an image in a forum post:

1) Click on the image thumbnail in your Album to view it, and then right-click and ‘copy the image url’ or ‘copy image location’.
      2) When you want to add it to your forum post, use the ‘img’ button and paste in the url. When you ‘Submit’ the post, the image will be visible.

Photo Editor avatarPhoto Editor
      Keymaster

Further to upload details, for windows 8 and mozilla firefox users, when you are selecting an image from your album, left click on the image you require, then right click on the image and select ‘copy image location’ from the menu that opens, then return to the post and click on ‘img’

clear http from the box that opens and paste in the url this will appear as text until you click ‘submit’, image will then appear in the post ….IanL..

Jean-Michel Nadeau avatarJean-Michel Nadeau
      Participant

I sent a few pictures when I became member a few years ago. It was on your former web site before the changes. I would like to know how to find these pictures in the gallery to see which ones I sent at that time because there was no albums before. I am interested to send more in my album now but I don’t want to send the same pictures. Thank you,

Jean-Michel Nadeau, member 14,487

Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
      Participant

Best of luck with this link, Jean-Michel

CAS Old Forum link

Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
      Participant

Further to ‘Upload an image to your Album’.

There is a missing step as Mike Lerch pointed out to me for Windows 7.

“2) Click on the ‘Album’ link and then ‘Upload Picture’ to choose the image to upload, selecting one of the options for who will be able to see it.”

In 2) you click on the red ‘Upload Picture’ then click on the boxed ‘Browse’ to choose your image to upload, under ‘Visibility’ selecting one of the options…. Now you should click on the boxed ‘Upload picture’ after the list of options and wait. For me the wait can be 30 seconds (the box at the very top of your window will be active) then the screen will change and tell you the upload was OK (or else reduce it in size to < 1.8mb before upload).

Graham Davis avatarGraham Davis
      Participant

It’s been a while since I’ve tried to add a photo but I see things seem to have changed although documentation hasn’t. As there is no ‘forum profile page’ (error 404) there can be no ‘album’ page. What do we do now? Has there been a permanent redesign causing loss of links or is it just a temporary glitch?

Graham, Is this still the case? We haven’t intentionally changed anything about the Profile or Album pages of the forum accounts. I wonder if this was a temporary issue? I have just looked for my profile, and found that it all seems as normal. Do let us know if you still find that it is not working.

Graham Davis avatarGraham Davis
        Participant

No, Gavin, I’m still getting error 404 ‘sorry, this page is missing’. The link in question is https://cloudappreciationsociety.org/members/Cloddy/. I cut ‘Cloddy’ from the URL to go up a level to the members’ list and found myself listed there. Clicking on that link got me to my profile at https://cloudappreciationsociety.org/members/14738/.

So, the problem is that on the ‘My Account’ page, the “edit forum profile’ link is incorrect. If that’s the case for me, I wonder whether I am the only one with the problem or are there more?

Dear Graham,
        I forgot to reply about this. The issue with the Edit Forum Profile link should be fixed.
        Do let us know if you are now able to edit the profile from the My Account page button.
        Thanks.

Maribel Dr. Illig avatarMaribel Dr. Illig
      Participant

hello Graham,

I’ve got the same problem, but your work around has helped. thank you for sharing it.

Corinne Reti avatarCorinne Reti
      Participant

Hello Graham,

First of all thank you for this website, it is great.
      I’m a new member and am trying to upload images from my phone (Samsung). I follow your instructions but it’s not working. When I click on edit “your web profile” nstead of getting to my phone pictures gallery, it gets to the camera as though I were to take a picture.
      Do you or anyone can help me with that ?
      Thank you !
      Corinne

Dear Corinne, we have now added a sidebar to the Cloud Forum. Once you have logged in to the site, you should see link in the sidebar to your Forum Profile. Hopefully, this will be an easier way to get to the page.
      Once there, can you clarify where exactly this problem arises with uploading your image? Are you saying that you hit the ‘Album’ link and then ‘Upload Picture’ and you are forced to use the phone camera, rather than be able to select a file? Do you have any problems when you try this on a non-mobile device? Many thanks.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.