Making Peace With The Contrail

Making Peace With The Contrail

Forums The Cloud Forum Making Peace With The Contrail

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Michael Lerch avatarMichael Lerch
      Participant

A recent morning spent turning lemons into lemonade. I admit to having fun,,and thus arrived at a peace with myself.

con
      con
      con
      con
      con
      con
      con

Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
      Participant

Oh my golly – as we have never seen them before. Alec, was it, the contrail collector would have been over the moon.

‘H’

Graham Davis avatarGraham Davis
      Participant

And here’s a link to a lovely one posted by Asha Santon on uk.sci.weather.

http://minnies.opcop.org.uk/eyren/skytrails.jpg

Participant

con

Participant

Mike,

All I see is “con” in this one plus a string of them in your first posting. Checking your profile, I see only one photo in your album so it looks as though the relevant pictures have been removed.

Participant

GPD..My understanding is that CAS is in development of becoming a “secure” website..hence the HTTPS and, TINYPIC service isn’t ,or hasn’t offered or received a certificate etc etc..so I gave Flickr a try and as you can see..I couldn’t get any of FLICKR’s links to work either. I’m being told that the whole CAS site gets a revamp within a month or so and downloading photos will be much easier. Yes..everything I’ve ever downloaded thru TINYPIC..is gone.

Participant

Mike, when the new site started, I uploaded my photos according to the instructions provided by Gavin here: https://cloudappreciationsociety.org/forums/topic/uploading-and-linking-to-your-cloud-photos-on-the-cloud-forum/ I found it quite easy to use once I realised that two apparently identical “upload” buttons served different purposes. I no longer use Photobucket or Flickr for storing pictures for CAS.

The system has some annoying features such as the message I get when viewing a picture in the album: “Comments are disabled for this picture. Edit the picture to enable them.” Unfortunately, editing the picture has no effect on this message.

Still, at least the pictures are still there. Hope that will still be the case after the upgrade you mentioned.

Participant

contrail
      Yes Graham, thank you for your concern and direction. I used that method on the first pic I posted on the developing New Forum. True, it works, but for me its yet another album to be kept organized and managed,,but it works…

Participant

contrail

contrail

contrail

..and there are 3 more from the same shoot

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.