Interactive ‘Cloud Tales’ for any children stuck in lockdown

Interactive ‘Cloud Tales’ for any children stuck in lockdown

Forums The Cloud Forum Interactive ‘Cloud Tales’ for any children stuck in lockdown

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Jenna Drury avatarJenna Drury
      Participant

Dear Cloud Spotters,

You may have children to home school right now. To stretch their imaginations, we are posting fresh ‘cloud tales’ inspired by clouds spotted over York in UK,Shark 2-4-20 every Monday and Thursday, during our lock down. Here is Penny Shark!

We all know when clouds shape shift, they are actually telling stories to each other! As clouds have a habit of drifting off, each story is incomplete. Can the children invent an ending for these cloud tales?

They could draw, make, write or say their stories! Visit our website

https://www.mudpiearts.co.uk/cloud-tales

Have fun and stay safe! Jenna member: 45199

Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
      Participant

What an inspiring initiative by two artists who themselves must have hard times in lockdown. I hope you go well. Great Cloud Tales!

Participant

Thank you for that Hans. Writing keeps me ‘looking up’

these days.

The last few cloud tales have been inspired by some awesome clouds in the CAS gallery. The members kindly gave us permission to use them. Believe it or not be have had a run of pure blue sky days here in the uk!

I am also working on an illustrated children’s book of Cloud Tales. The emphasis is on the child and reader  creating an ending together and take ownership of the story. Hopefully it will inspire the next generation of cloud spotters too!

Hope you are well.

Jenna

Patricia L Keelin avatarPatricia L Keelin
      Participant

Cloud Tales is a fantastic idea, Jenna! Endless fun with endless endings! May all go well along the way. I remember your request a couple years back when you were hunting and gathering images for your touring play. I can only imagine that was a great success and am happy to see you and Nicolette are still at it!

In addition to those featured on CAS’s Gallery, the Clouds-That-Look-Like-Things topic (all 3 volumes) offers a plethora of Cumulous creatura, wild and wooly and then some. Also, Michael’s most recent contribution to the B&W topic would spark anyone’s imagination. You can find plenty more in earlier B&W volumes as well.

Below is one I hadn’t posted yet to the ‘looks-like’ topic. A bushy bear leans in from the right to hear the ponytailed storyteller as she begins her tale with the prop of a rabbit finger puppet. The clouds started this story. Who knows what will happen next?

IMG_3120_StoryTeller [for Mud Pie Arts]The Storyteller

Participant

Hi Keelin,

Thanks for these kind words. I suddenly saw the storyteller! Its wonderful!IMG_2792

My sky today is full of teapots, dragons, sheep and magicians of all kinds!

Next week is a big week: I am finally ready to search for a publisher for my children’s picture book, developed from the Cloud Tales play script. An illustrator has done some samples for me. But I am a complete beginner in the competitive publishing field, everyone has to start somewhere right!

Thanks for your encouragement and wish me luck on a passing cloud!

Jenna

Patricia L Keelin avatarPatricia L Keelin
      Participant

May all the best of clouds and publishers come your way, Jenna!

Below is another bit of cloud fodder just for fun.

IMG_0787_Chicken and Wolf

Could this be…

A. a nervous chicken pointing which way Red Riding Hood went (or not) — or — where the Three Little Pigs live (or not) to an inquiring wolf? Only your storytellers can decide!

B. Chicken Little trying to convince a wolf that the sky really is falling?

C. A dance contestant doing his best to impress the judge by imitating classic John Travolta moves?

Of course, your target audience would be way too young for that last association, but I’m sure they could come up with many a storyline for these two engaging characters.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.