Joining the CAS Community

To view the CAS Community pages, you will need to confirm you accept our Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept them please click Back in your browser.

To participate in Cloudspotter Groups and to view other Cloud Appreciation Society members, you will need to complete your own Community Profile by uploading profile and header images and confirming details about yourself.

Filter Photos:

You have selected:

Main Cloud Types

Other Clouds

Optical Effects

Miscellaneous

Clouds-that-look-like-things Volume III

Clouds-that-look-like-things Volume III

Forums The Cloud Forum Clouds-that-look-like-things Volume III

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
      Participant

That was a nice Tail End for Volume II Keelin. I wonder what kind of creature was attached to that tail. It must have been awesome.

Happy days to all to start with and and I look forward to the nice and silly Clouds-that-look-like-things  on this Volume III.

2019-12 Wolken (13)-2
      I’ve Put My Glasses Up For What Comes Next

Patricia L Keelin avatarKeelin
      Participant

Danke je, Hans, for a clever launch to Volume III. Love your stylish, pareidolic specs! With those in place, I imagine you can even see what isn’t there, as in the case below.

A wanderer arrives without its rider (which may be why you don’t hear much about him in the traditional yuletide stories).

IMG_3940_The Fourth Camel of the MagiThe Fourth Camel of the Magi

Participant

Found this little critter in a garden of cloud branches where it had just…IMG_5880_Earned Its Wings Of Subtle IridescenceEarned Its Wings Of Subtle Iridescence

Participant

Haha Keelin, I can’t help to see an anteater with a straw hat and on his snout this iridescent winged grasshopper. No I am alright, it is not the alcohol but just an attack of pareidolic madness.  It sometimes happens and it is not serious (I hope).

Here is a line of spectators watching me taken away to the emergency room. I will try to convince the nice young men that accompany me to check this thread and then we will see what happens.

Love your fourth Magi by the way.

2019-12 Wolken (15)-2

Participant

Don’t know how I missed the anteater, Hans! Especially when I have such a true fondness (born in an amusing dream) for Myrmecophaga Tridactyla.

Be that as it may, I do see the rather formidable line of spectators with their eyes on you. But worry not! Here to the rescue (or at least to move them aside) comes…

IMG_7980_Rhinoceros LacunosusRhinoceros Lacunosus

Participant

Ha, I really enjoyed the Myrmecophaga Tridactyla with grasshopper. Now this great Rhino saved me from captivity, Keelin. Very convincing and a beautiful lacunosus as well.

2018-06 Charigny_0179-2
      Worried Bear Stretching His Paw To Be Sure About The Rain To Come

Participant

Danke je, Hans! And your wonderful (but Worried!) Bear must rest easy now as there is news from “KC”, their adventurous mutual friend, who is known to keep a keen eye on the rivers…

IMG_2160_Snake Talking to Bear

He assures them they are rushing and ready for fun…

IMG_9964_Kayak CoyoteKayak Coyote Running The Rapids

Participant

Sailing in on a golden tide, another friend arrives. Seems there’s always room for a dragon.

IMG_8732_A Dragon Arrives

Participant

And here comes another one ready to join the party.

IMG_5128_Dragon

Participant

Hans, your Clouds That Look Like Nothing At All (recently appearing in the Contrail topic) gave me a giggle. Whatever appears to be leaping out of water in the image below might be Nothing At All As Well. But as you have a markedly keen skill at pareidolia, perhaps you have an idea as to what it might be, or an explanation for its behavior? You don’t suppose something could be after it, do you?

IMG_0552_Leaping Out Of The Water

Participant

You captured a host of unique characters in your last posts Keelin. “Always room for a dragon” is very funny and made me giggle too.

As to your little creature jumping out of the water: might it be a little salamander on the run jump for some predator that is behind him, still under the surface?

I did not encounter much look-alikes lately but I will keep my eye open to spot our mutual friends.

2018-07 Wolken_0070-2

Without A Blink

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.