Weather Photographer of the Year 2018 – 6 great photos here

Weather Photographer of the Year 2018 – 6 great photos here

Forums The Cloud Forum Weather Photographer of the Year 2018 – 6 great photos here

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Laurence Green avatarLaurence Green
      Participant

Via the BBC’s News  – England website are 6 marvellous photos submitted for the Weather Photographer 2018 competition.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46223996

Laurence

Participant

To supplement my previous posting here is a detail showing the finaalists in the Weather Photographer of the Year 2018 – here are 30 magnificent photos and showing clouds at their very best!

https://www.weather-photo.org/events/weather-photographer-year/2018-weather-photographer-year/finalists

The photo judges must have worked damned hard to select the winners!

Laurence

Patricia L Keelin avatarPatricia L Keelin
      Participant

WOW x 30, Laurence! Impossible to choose a favorite, but the Nacreous Clouds by Bartlomiej Jurecki are tugging at my heart. Thank you so much for posting the link.

Participant

Hi Keelin

Greetings to you.

Glad you found my posting to your liking.  I hope others too.  My pleasure.

Yes, the photos are absolutely spell-binding.  As an ex-FRPS photo judge of quite some years ago I frankly would not relish choosing a winner in this marvellous quantity of photos.  All of them are truly of a very high order indeed.  It is like the “Sword of Damiclies!”

This is a rather mythical thought – I think the CAS should do some “head hunting” and recruit, nee, “Press Gang” (old UK  expression) these wonderful photographers into the CAS!  Now – there’s a thought, eh?!?    Hmm….

Laurence

Don Hatfield avatarDon Hatfield
      Participant

Laurence – Thanks so much for the links. All were excellent, but my vote would be saplit between the actual over17s winner with his multiple lightning strikes (very colorful) and the Reflection Bow photo for its unusuality.

While The Weather Channel is good, I wish we had a contest like this in the US.

-Don

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.