Vote now for your favourite Winter UK photo

Vote now for your favourite Winter UK photo

Forums The Cloud Forum Vote now for your favourite Winter UK photo

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Laurence Green avatarLaurence Green
      Participant

Today (11 March) upon the  BBC’s Weather Watchers website you are invited to cast a vote upon a favourite UK Winter scene.  Only one vote allowed.

In the link provided below are 10 lovely photos.  Which one will you decide and secures your vote?!?  The choice will, assuredly, be somewhat difficult but enjoyable.

For my part. I elected the 3rd photo – and that is after some “painful” deliberation!  I love being teased with photo selections.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/51v3xl6YkGyrqs5pPzxlF2H/pic-of-the-season-winter-2020-21

Enjoy!

Laurence

Patricia L Keelin avatarPatricia L Keelin
      Participant

Thank you, Laurence! You are right, it’s not easy to choose, but “Little rainbow under a big cloud” claimed my vote, while Winter wonderland in the Scottish highlands gave a good hard tug.

Laurence Green avatarLaurence Green
      Participant

Thank you kindly, Keelin.

The winner of the photo competition came out as the Scottish highlands – the snowy scene at Glencoe.

Glencoe – a mightily forbidding place in winter but marvellous in spring and summer.  That’s Nature for you.

I hope you are keeping safe. warm and well.

Best wishes and hope you will enjoy a nice Easter at the onset of the month of April.  “HURRAH!”.  The Vernal Equinox is due to come about 20-21 March – that is when the “Green Man” cometh and clothes us with the welcome mantle of refreshing greenery and flowers.

Laurence

Patricia L Keelin avatarPatricia L Keelin
      Participant

Thanks for announcing the winner here, Laurence.  A new season is indeed on its way. I’m not sure why my iPhone camera gives the sky here the look of a watercolor painting, but it makes a fine backdrop for the light Spring green of budding tree leaves. All best wishes to you as well!

IMG_9357_Like a Watercolor

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.