Trick or treat!

Trick or treat!

Forums The Cloud Forum Trick or treat!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      George Preoteasa avatarGeorge Preoteasa
      Participant

I thought a Halloween theme would be nice.

IMG_3622-r1

Michael Lerch avatarMichael Lerch
      Participant

Of Course!

oct1618b5811

Julie Pearce avatarJulie Pearce
        Participant

Love this Keely! Are you a writer? You’ve a splendid craft with words and conjuring of the senses!

Patricia L Keelin avatarPatricia L Keelin
        Participant

Thank you for kind words, Julie. Alas, not a writer. My guess is there must be something in those exquisite moments of stillness (which cloud watching seems to require) that simply untethers my mind. And when an irrepressible penchant for pareidolia is added to the mix, wordplay becomes irresistible.

If you take a stroll through some of the other forum topics (Clouds That Look Like Things and the many archived volumes of Black & White Cloud Photos come quickly to mind), you’ll soon come across some hilarious exchanges, especially with Hans who is exceptionally witty with his titles and commentary. Michael occasionally jumps in to share in the spirited fun as well. It’s just one more way our shared passion for clouds keeps us all connected.

Participant

Fantastic photo, gvpreo! And a perfect launch for this Halloween topic. Thank you for conjuring just the right spirit!

Alas, I spotted only a bony handful of spooky cloud characters flying through the skies since last Hallow’s Eve. Be that as it may, below is this year’s harvest. Warning: You may need to don pareidolia specs for this first one…

Twitchy Witchy on a midnight mission scouting for eye of newt? Having misplaced her broom, it looks like she’s had to hitch a ride on the back of a friend more accustomed to flying a hang glider.

Twitchy Witchy

She must have summoned her familiar, for now Something Toothy this way comes…

IMG_2991_Something Toothy This Way Comes

and a wandering wraith, cloaked in mist, rises to join them for a night of Tricks & Treats.

Figural

Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
      Participant

Nice theme to start George. And there are immediately scary follow-ups by Michael and Keelin. Quite a scary wraith is wondering above.

2019-10 Wolken (46)-2

Halloween Haircut.

Participant

Love your Halloween Haircut, Hans. I might take a printout of it with me next time my mop needs a trim. ;)

Scarier though, is your Lacunosus posted yesterday (Nov 13th) on the CAS Gallery. Looks like it could travel in any direction. Will it make an appearance here? It’s a bubbling beauty!

Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
        Participant

Thanks Keelin. It is a funny coincidence. The moment I spotted this spooky appearance I thought of this thread started by George. It came too late for Halloween was my second thought and that is what I wrote to Ian. He made it a spooky appearance. I am quite fond of this one I must confess. So thanks again. Clouds can be so surprising.

George Preoteasa avatarGeorge Preoteasa
      Participant

Wow! I was so scared :-)  Very nice … and scary.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.