Sunsets and Sunrises Vol V

Sunsets and Sunrises Vol V

Forums The Cloud Forum Sunsets and Sunrises Vol V

Tagged: ,

Viewing 105 reply threads
  • Author
      Michael Lerch avatarMichael Lerch
      Participant

Looks like there has been a lot of fun with sunsets and sunrises so lets keep this thread going with volume 5!

Arizona Sunset# 501

july0719b5283Set

Patricia L Keelin avatarPatricia L Keelin
      Participant

Your Arizona Sunset #435 (closing Volume IV) was gorgeous, Michael. I hope those who visit here will take a walk back to catch it. And you’ve launched us with another beauty for Volume V. Yes! Let’s keep this glowing!

The photo below was taken at sunset, but in the opposite direction, just catching a tiny bit of rainbow against clouds soaking up the sun’s warming reflection.

IMG_5765_Bit of Rainbow & trees

Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
      Participant

What a wonderful catch this tiny segment of a rainbow at sunset Keelin. Yes, let’s keep it glowing in this thread and you set a good example of your own wish.

2020-01 Wolken (6)-2

Orange Jewellery

Participant

Love the rich brilliance of your Orange Jewelry, Hans. It is stunning!

Nothing so colorful in the silver/gold sunset below. What caught my eye in the lower right corner were the dark streaks against the light, right above the light streaks against the dark. It began to remind me of an etching plate…

IMG_2529_Silver&Gold Scratched Sunset

so, just for fun, I inverted the image to see what it would look like…

IMG_2529_Inverted Scratched Sunset

surprised to find it looks more like what one might expect from the sky (except for that telltale palm tree).

And I have Michael to thank for encouraging this indulgence of curiosity. Thank you, Michael! Ages ago, you opened my eyes to novel explorations of cloud imagery. The mind at play is a wonderful thing!

Allan Binks avatarAllan Binks
      Participant

IMG_20191028_160319

Participant

Arizona Sunset #502

may2019b4808Set

Gregory Venarsky avatarGregory Venarsky
      Participant

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to start off by saying that I think all of your pictures are wonderful but one in particular caught my eye. Correct me if I’m wondering, but I believe Alan has caught some Jetstream clouds. Either way it is a wonderful capture.

I was going through the archives and have decided to do you this picture from a while ago. Just some wonderful orange colors brightening up the sky.

Hope you all enjoy,

Gregory V.

Edges

DSC_0119

Participant

Welcome to the forum, Allan! Love the sense of depth you’ve captured with the grey cumulus and the wavering streak of homogenitus. Hope to see more images from you wherever you are. The intriguing silhouette in the lower right corner has me wondering where that might be.

Also enjoying #503, Michael. Another delicious serving of your lovely Arizona pinks and blues.

And Gregory, thanks for dropping into your archives to share a peek at a warmly brightened sky. Sunrise or sunset? Doesn’t really matter, does it, when the sky lights up like that!

Whatever comes sweeping in at the start or end of day is just fine with me.

IMG_5896_Sunset Sweep

Participant

Sweeping indeed Keelin. It is fine with me too. And a great radiatus by Allan. Welcome to you.

2020-01 Wolken (8)-2

Purple Without Rain

Participant

Wonderful sweeping cirrus, Keelin. It looks as though an artist has just taken his/her first stroke across the canvas that is our sky. And Hans, the purple color looks marvelous. I would have liked the rain that you said did not happen, as I do enjoy listening and sitting out in the rain.

Here is a picture from May 2019 after a decent-sized storm rolled over our town. You can see the mamma formations on the underbelly of the cloud. The overall swirl of the cloud is what I find the most captivating.

Best Wishes,

Gregory V.

Swirling

DSC_0501 (wecompress.com)

Participant

Arizona Sunset#503

sept0616b7003Set

Participant

Great mamma Greg! And nice composition Michael in #503.

2019-09 Charigny (49)-2

French Sunset

Participant

Love those soft, subtle tones in your Swirling, Gregory. And the bright halo in your #503, Michael. And I keep scrolling back to the gorgeous hues in Purple Without Rain, Hans. A dramatic contrast in feel to what you’ve captured in French Sunset. That thin, grey arcing accent is a nice touch!

Here is one that caught my eye just a few weeks ago.

IMG_6126_Catching The Glow

Participant

And today, it’s just a soft, easy entrance to the evening.

IMG_2709_Soft Sunset

Participant

Very Nice Soft and Easy Keelin. A Minimalist treat!

Arizona Sunset #504

oct1418b5775set

Participant

Arizona Sunset #505

sept1518b5209Set

Participant

Like islands in the sun(set), Michael. Very nice!

IMG_0233_Sunset SunspotSunset Sunspot

Participant

Arizona Sunset #506

apr1019b3578Set

Participant

Both great compositions in Sunset Sunspot Keelin and in #506 Michael!

2015-07-01 Zonsondergang_0035 klein
      Reflected Sunset

Participant

Beautiful hues, Michael and Hans. A looser look (and messier palette) in the sunset below.

IMG_3897_A Messier Palette

Participant

Arizona Sunset#507

july1919b5551Set

Daniel Mitchell avatarDaniel Mitchell
      Participant

Those are some of my fav colors, Michael, in #507.  Not that clouds always remind me of food or that food reminds me of clouds- but sometimes they do! (two of my favorite things.) Your particular bi-tonal treat reminds me of the 24hr smoked pulled-pork I partake of on occasion at a local hole in the wall BBQ joint. So in a very real way— it IS mouthwatering to me – thanks!

This is my maiden voyage into posting on the forums. I admit I have been a bit of an occasional lurker— nervous to post, having joined about 5 1/2 years ago.  That is until CAS sent me an email suggesting I join the Oregon Coast cloudspotters group— which I did yesterday.

Ok, enough words in type… In all Cirrusness…

2019-05-07 Skyjourn by Daniel Soule - Web Resolution-1002

In All Cirrusness

Participant

Welcome Daniel. I agree about the reds of Michael’s last one. And I love also the messier palette by Keelin.

And …. Cirrusly a nice sunset. Did you notice the sun pillar?

2019-12 Wolken (34)-2

With A Touch Of Blue

Participant

Hey Hans— sun pillars are sweet!  And so is your Touch of Blue —like little eyes peaking out of the covers.

And we have another gem tonight in the Willamette Valley—

BCD93F19-0C8B-473A-9024-B56097C603AC
      A Graduated Cirrus Sunset

Participant

You are off to a great start Daniel ! Welcome! I look forward to your next contributions!

Arizona Sunset#508

july1919b5543Set

Participant

A warm welcome to the Forum, Daniel! And what a beautiful first post. I look forward to seeing more of your images from that wild northern coast.

Hans, you’ve served up a rich raspberry sorbet (yummm). And Michael, your image above brings the memory of a last bite of sweet peach (yummm again). Anyone for more dessert?

IMG_6090_Wiggly SunsetPalm Flambé

Participant

I am very fond of desserts Keelin. Palm Flambé looks delicious. I eat it with a big smile.

2018-09 Charigny_0271-2

A French Sunset

Participant

Wow- those colors, Hans! I love it when we get treated with those purples and pinks and splashes of yellow!

Seems like Cirrus is the flavor of the week- lots of that going on up here in the Northwest too, Keelin— and Michael— nice baby cumulus just hanging out waiting for a little more vapor to swing in! Ha!

So, pulling this one out of my archives just for the fun of it.

You mentioned the Sun Pillar in a previous post, Hans— here’s one from a couple years back but missing the sun.

(btw- when you see a “Daniel Soule” watermark on some of these, that’s my old pen name for my waning pro photography biz…)

8595456823_ec8c2134d5_o

Pillar on the Sea

Steven strick avatarSteven strick

Morning looking east west of Boise, Idaho with contrails to augment the sunrise.20180209_080646

Participant

Welcome Steven and Daniel!!! Wonderful pictures from the both of you! Especially that sun pillar Daniel. Here’s a little capture I spotted the other night. Pretty vivid if I must say. Enjoy!!

IMG_20200310_185352605_HDR

Participant

That is a vivid one indeed Gregory. Great colors and lots of energy in it.

And welcome Daniel and Steven. I am happy to see more contributors and I love your posts. It seems to me that the start of the communities also triggered more use of the Forum and that is a good thing. Let’s keep it going.

I noticed that Daniel has a website with a lot of his work as a photographer, among which many beautiful cloudy sceneries. A treasure in my opinion and more than worthwhile checking.

Here is one from an older series.

2018-06 Wolken_0162-2

Sunset looking west in northern New Mexico.

20200314_192508

https://stricksretirement.blogspot.com/

Participant

Love the Pillar on the Sea, Daniel! And that wild curve of massive burnt orange cloud is riveting, Gregory. Nice to be followed by the delicate forms captured by Hans, and the soft pink ripples by Steven. All beautiful images that help ease the mind as another day winds down.

Below, one of a series from the archives…

IMG_5828_Soft Sunset

Participant

Gorgeous colors in your virga sporting stratocumulus, there Keelin! Thanks for getting this forum rolling folks– in troubled times like these, so nice to have a community sanctuary like this one to fall back on.

Thanks for noting the website, Hans— bit dated by now, not really doing much portrait or commercial work any more. Probably getting ready to retire it and switch it all over to just skyjourn.com :-)

Pulling one out of my own archives from June of 2018.

2018-06-20 Skyjourn - Web Resolution Non Watermarked-1018

Oh Wondrous Skies, Let Me Count Thy Ways

Stratus and cumulus, cirrostratus and cirrocumulus and undulatus all lit up with crepuscular rays.

Participant

Steven I think you captured these red rims just at the the right time. And the colors Keelin spotted surrounded by the silhouetted woods are very delicate. Love it. As I love the colors captured by Daniel. I can only say:  Thy Ways Are Countless.

Such a pleasure to share our pictures in these worried time. I hope you all are healthy and save. Here we are all not really locked up yet but it feels that way keeping social distance.

So from distant Holland this sunset from France which I wanted to visit soon but unfortunately can’t the way it is now. Bizar.

2019-10 Charigny (170)-2

Participant

Hello everyone,

Love to see the forum still active during this time and what lovely pictures you all have shared. This week has been a dull one for cloud spotting. So here’s a relatively recent picture of an absolutely gorgeous sunset. (There are 2 actually)

Colors galore

IMG_20200229_173709742IMG_20200229_173115266

Participant

Nice pastels Gregory!

Arizona Sunset #509

july0719b5322Set

Sunrise and sunset in Carlsbad, New Mexico. Can you tell which is which? Every morning and evening it was like this for a week!

sunrise sunset carlsbad

Participant

Delicious cotton candy sky, there Michael!  So Steven… I’m gonna guess Sunset on the left and sunrise on the right.  But only because the shot on the right reminds me of so many sunrises looking east from the Baja Peninsula over Sea of Cortez— it’s certain night blue to sky blue gradient and the red highlights that takes me there. Could be wrong though!

Here’s one from tonight as we were deep into sunset in the Willamette Valley. Back-lighting was perfect as the stratus thinned out just enough in this spot to let some light seep through. We’ll call this one, “Nebula”

2020-04-01 Skyjourn by Daniel Mitchell - Webres - WM-1008

Nebula

Participant

Great reds and blues in #509 Michael. Very delicate colors.

Steven I can’t choose which one is set or rise. Can you explain?

Daniel, I like the space-like atmosphere of your nebula.

2020-03 Wolken (39)-1

No Doubt A Sunset

Daniel, you are Right! Sunrise on the right and sunset on the left. I had to look at them again to get it right…went by the trailers and trees in the foreground!

Hans,  Sunrise on the right and sunset on the left. I had to look at them again to get it right…went by the trailers and trees in the foreground!

Participant

So, Hans— the rich colors in “No Doubt a Sunset” reminded me of a peculiar day some years ago. Our  valley was beset on all sides by forest fires; thick smoke filled the air and then lofted over our local reservoir, Fern Ridge. Sunset made lemonade out of smokey lemons… both are true color for the day!

2009-07-31 Pisgah and Fern Ridge - Webres-10132009-07-31 Pisgah and Fern Ridge - Webres-1014

Sunset Made These

Participant

Now that Krakatoa has once again erupted,it will be interesting to see how long before our skies turn purple at sunset and sunrise. Anyway heres a normal December Arizona sunset shot

Arizona Sunset#510

dec1519b7508Set

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Michael Lerch avatarMichael.
      Participant

So cool to see that is a ‘normal’ December Arizona sky— we don’t get much of that up here in the Valley in Oregon.

Steven— here’s the sunrise shot I was talking about over the Sea of Cortez facing east one February morning in 2015. Temps got up into the mid-80s that day. This week on the coast was the only time I’ve ever done sunrise sessions— and I was up and shot every day.

Two very different looks for the same east facing sunrise (also two different locations along the beach).

2014-01-24 Casa Cal Visit - Web Res-1069

Splash of Blue and Pink – Sea of Cortez Sun Rise

————-

2014-01-24 Casa Cal Visit - Web Res-1183

To the Fish – Sea of Cortez Sun Rise

Participant

Wow, what a reds you captured Daniel. Amazing and overwhelming colors. Like in the normal sunset by Michael. Normal? What will it be when it is an abnormal sunset? Back to reality with a Splash Of Blue And Pink. Very refreshing.

2018-11 Wolken_0125-2

Pastel Sunset

Participant

Arizona Sunset# 511

aug2919b6420Set

Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
      Participant
      Participant

Arizona Sunset#512

june3019b5276Set

Participant

I love the colors of Arizona Sunset#511 Michael. Others as well of course, but that one in particular.

2019-12 Wolken (33)-2
      Some Light Still Squeaks Through

Participant

Love the depth in #511, Michael— and the pinks, whoa Hans, in Some Light Still Squeaks Through— wow.

From night before last, right at the edge of sunset getting in tight with a 600mm:

2020-04-28 Skyjourn by Daniel Mitchell- Webres - NW-1001

Vornacht

no fair…the sunsets in the SW are some of the best! However, years ago, we were way up in the NorthEast corner of Maine in Lubec and saw this one….and, it lasted forever!

2012-09-06_20-10-20_26

Ruth Quist avatarRuth Quist
      Participant

017What an inspiring treat to the eye to see all of your spectacular photos. I am a new member and thought I would throw in a favorite sunset of mine taken in Montana a few years ago.

LOVE Montana….looks great. Thank you Ruth !

Participant

Welcome, Ruth!!!  That’s really gorgeous :-)

Participant

Steven, you are so nice in your fast reply. I have many great photos because I have great material with where I live. When my camera agrees with me it is magically. If I can get more pictures to download on this forum, look out because the colors are gut wrenching.

Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
      Participant
      Participant

018This evening time picture was not bold in colors, but elicited such a calming affect for me. Taken at Freezeout Lake in Montana in the Spring 2015. This area sees snow geese by the thousands typically in March and April.

Jocelyn Northey avatarJocelyn Northey
      Participant

DD116B85-C78B-428A-871D-24C2ECDE471A

Sunrise Derby Tasmania this morning. No coloration needed.

Participant

I am a new member too. The above sunrise is my first post on this forum. Here in the Southern Hemisphere we are just rolling down into the colder months. This morning it was 2C outside with snow on nearby peaks. A bit chilly but the sunrise warmed my heart, if not my toes

Don Hatfield avatarDon Hatfield
      Participant

Both the Tasmania and the Montana photos are great. Looking at them I can only imagaine how fantastic it was to be outside at that time of day, how the pink colored the darkening land in Montana, how the red streaks offset the blue of dissapating night flowing into the daylight of Tasmania.

Thank you both for these. I look forward to more beautiful sharing.

This is what Dallas Texas typically looks like at sunsetMoonrise

Participant

Don, thanks so much for your support and encouragement to us new cloud guys. It is exciting to see all the stunning photos, learning about clouds, and their complicated names and formations. A delicate photo you captured in Texas.

Participant

Welcome Ruth and Jocelyn. So good to have new and great contributors in this thread. I love in particular Vornacht by Daniel  with such great colors. And also the ones by Ruth, Jocelyn, Steven and Don. Sunsets are such grateful events to capture.

2020-03 Wolken (42)-1

Sunset Trough The Trees

Participant

Hans, thanks for your welcome. I have been enjoying your posts since December 2019 when I joined CAS. What first caught my eye was your sweet dog in your avatar. I had I dog like yours named Wally. Your photos are spectacular. The pastels in the Sunset Through The Trees feels very soothing. I find I like taking pictures if they feel like a WOW moment. Then, if they are dramatic that is even more special. I look forward to sharing more pictures and maybe learning what I am taking pictures of in clouds.

Participant

Thank you Don and Hans. Such lovely images. Don the soft pastels are lovely and like a lot of clouds we see around here. Hans your colours really stand out among the tree branches. Almost like a colour gradient.

My image was taken about thirty minutes after the sun went down behind a hill in the West. The last rays lit up two clouds on the opposite  Eastern side. The sunlit clouds cast a rose glow upward and left blue shadows on either side of the image.

Let There be Light and Shadows

991AA9C9-957D-4BA3-B120-240E37CED2B9

Don Hatfield avatarDon Hatfield
      Participant

Jocelyn – This one looks like the sun is broadcasting a pastel ray of peace to us all.

But the Dallas sunsets are not always calm :

red sunset in Dallas

Hello,

A storm recently rolled over Seattle and the Puget Sound at around 8PM, which allowed me to take some photos of the stunning clouds!

Sky ContrastSky Blue Vs. PinkSky Red and Golden

Participant

Lovely golden Dallas sunset there Don. Sadly I am on the wrong side of mountain to get the direct sunset shots. I should look for a better place to view them.

Donatella your Puget Sound images are great. I guess you get some pretty spectacular clouds there

Participant

Jocelyn, I love your Let There be Light and Shadows. In particular the tender colors. When you are at the wrong side of the mountaimn I am really what happens on the right side of the mountain.

Don and Donnatello,  great sunsest!

2020-04 Wolken (53)-1

Wit Contrail

Participant

What fabulous additions to this sunrise/sunset volume — both in images and new contributors! A warm welcome to Ruth and Jocelyn, who both (along with everyone else here) make me realize I should either get up earlier or stay up later — or both. ;) As it is, I’ve been indoors more than usual, so have gone spelunking through archives for something to share. I suppose this one will do in a pinch…

IMG_6569_In A Pinch

Participant

So much color goodness from everyone! And a very warm welcome to all the new contributors— so glad you joined the party— you’ve already enriched the forums greatly :-)

Alas, not much color happening in the southern Willamette Valley the last few days, so I’ve plumbed the depths, taking Keelin’s lead, and pulled this one out of the cellar from this time last year.

2019-04-02 Skyjourn by Daniel Mitchell - Webres NW-1006

Participant

Thank you Hans. I am only on the wrong side for sunsets, therefore sunrises are my speciality. Lovely to meet/see you Keelin. I have been going over some of your previous posts and thoroughly enjoying the experience.

Lovely images from Hans, Keelin and Daniel. I was quite depressed over the Lockdown, but cloud chasing has really lifted my spirits as well as my eyes. Thank you to all who take time to share their images and knowledge here. Your generosity and kindness is greatly appreciated.

Participant

Wow, Daniel! Love your vibrant plumbing results. ;)

And Jocelyn, delighted to meet you as well. I couldn’t agree more about the ability of cloud spotting to lift our spirits. The moments of stillness involved in looking up (walking while cloud gazing has proven dangerous in the past!) can be like an emotional reboot. Your Let There be Light and Shadows is a perfect example. Even after the sun’s gone down, unexpected beauty can be found just by gazing in another direction. Thank you for the timely and lovely visual reminder!

Below, another from the archives (if this looks slightly familiar to anyone, an inverted version of it was posted in the B&W topic, Volume VIII). A lot of blues here, supported by a wee bit of underlying warmth. Sometimes that’s all we need.

IMG_6486_blues with a warm support

Participant

Participant

Above photo is a fall sunset on a Montana River. As I remember, no fish were caught that day.

Participant

Yes Keelin I agree. I like your warm touch, like a special embrace from a dear friend.I do like the blues you get in your images.

Ruth your sky has patches of warmth like many small campfires to keep one warm front and back.

Today’s effort;  7FAE2D9D-C580-4563-9DDE-4EBCF9EB4747Over the Hills and Far Away

Participant

Jocelyn, your sunrise is lovely to wake up to, along with a nice cup of coffee. Looking like we are the newer cloud spotters. I am so enjoying the support and fabulous photos that are shared.

Participant

You are right Ruth. Learning is fun and a good thing to do right now. Looking to the skies daily lifts my spirits and makes everything else look so much better. Besides everyone had to start somewhere. I found the Cloud Spotter app on a weather page on Facebook. I am so happy I did.

Participant

Ruth, I love your image of sunset above the river and the way you’ve described it as part of a memory maker. And Joss, the colors in Over the Hills and Far Away display the colors of hope — an inspiring way to begin a day. So delighted you’ve both joined us here on the forums.

A few days ago, the sky looked promising for a halo at sunset. I didn’t expect to find a supporting cast of contrail and shadow bisecting it and adding a 3-D effect to the scene.

IMG_0475_Bisected Halo

Participant

Keelin, your photos and words ( you must be a writer ) are so very inspiring. You are also a wealth of information. Thanks again from a new guy on the block. Love the subtle pink in your sunset.

Participant

Beautiful sunsets by you all Keelin, Daniel, Ruth, Jocelyn. Ending with another beauty showing a 22 degrees halo at sunset by Keelin.

2020-05 Wolken (57)-1

The Last Minutes Before It All Turns To Gray

Participant

Keelin and Hans such lovely soft images. Keelin it seems that contrail wanted to shake things up somewhat.

Tonight was cold and misty and yet the sunset wanted to show the beauty of the clouds.

Soft, softlyIMG_5559

Participant

Love those delicious pinks and peaches, Hans and Jocelyn. And thank you for kind compliments, Ruth. Although I’m no writer by profession, this doesn’t prevent an occasional tinkering with wordplay (you’ll find Hans has a keen wit for it which often serves to inspire!). That said, clouds sometimes tease my mind into attempts at haiku. The distillation and brevity of form provide a fun challenge.

these soft-hued sunsets
      celestial lullabies
      invite us to dream

IMG_6871_Haiku Sunset

Participant

Participant

My above sunset isn’t so full of color, but ends the day with calm and a lovely glass of wine. Hans, Keelin, and Jocelyn your photos with soft colors are so appealing. How exciting to share our scenery with each other. As a new guy, I am not sure as yet when to do the photo and when to text. Need to also learn how to download my pictures as my file size seems to be too large to except. All part of the learning curve.

Participant

Ruth I think this site desperately needs an FAQ. I add the text first and then upload the image, if that helps. I also found that there is a very short window of opportunity to edit comments. Your sunset seems fitting for a quiet end of the day. With a worldwide lockdown, maybe even the sunsets have decided to Stay Home!

Keelin indeed it is fantastic to see clouds from all over the world and I must admit to a certain amount of cloud envy. Your haiku brings peace to a troubled world, as well as a sweet, soft hues at the end of the day. Speaking of dreaming here is my early morning glimpse of a moon, high overhead at sunrise.

Straight on Till Morning

IMG_1401

Participant

056Thought I would add one more rich end of the day picture on a Montana river.

Participant

Hello everyone,

I know it’s been a while!! Welcome to the forums, newcomers! Thought I might share this lenticularis sunset with you all. Stay safe and healthy all!

Gregory V.

DSC_9391 (wecompress.com)

Participant

Hello everyone,

I know it’s been a while!! Welcome to the forums, newcomers! Thought I might share this lenticularis sunset with you all. Stay safe and healthy all!

Gregory V.

DSC_9391 (wecompress.com)

Participant

Hi Gregory! That link didn’t work for me

Participant

Hi Jocelyn! Do you mean for the picture on the previous post?

Participant

Gregory, I really love the deep rich colors in your sunset. Getting ready for a restful sleep.

Participant

Ah Gregory I can see your lovely sunset now. The colors are beautifully rich and deep.

Participant

Thank you Jocelyn and Ruth! I’m glad it worked, although I wonder what went wrong in the first place.

Participant

Arizona Sunset #513

nov2819b7182Set

Participant

Michael that cloud is very Turner-ish. I think I like parts of sunsets as much as I like full vistas.

Angel Wings0AA0A2A2-15CF-40D0-8E4F-47595C5A3582

Participant

Mouth watering sunset in a wildlife refuge in February. A fantastic photo opportunity for me and my simple camera.

Participant

P1030843 (2)

From Missoula, Montana at sunset. Could not make up my mind which to post so…..take your pick….

take your pick

Participant

Steven, I like them all. Happy to hear you know my neck of the woods. The above sunset was at Ninepipes in Charlo, MT. Always a special spot to watch birds and enjoy the Mission Mountains.

Participant

This is what my sunrises have looked like for most of the week.

Shining Through

IMG_5877

Participant

Steven I definitely like #4 best. there is so much happening in that sky and pink is my favourite colour.
      Ruth a lovely dramatic capture.

Participant

Jocelyn, thanks so much for your feedback on my sunset. I probably stood outside for 15 minutes in cool temps to capture all the breath taking colors that were happening. They ranged from bold colors to pastels. Truly exciting to witness. I have enjoyed going back to view Sunset and Sunrise Vol IV.

Participant

I am planning a return trip soon to the Missouri River. Great place to fish, watch birds, and dream.

Participant

P1030125 (2)

Participant

Ruth, your last one is a nice mirrored sunset.

Usually we end a thread when number 100 is posted. You can see there are several threads that have a volume number, what we use to count them. So with your last mirrored one Volume V has to end and Volume VI has to come for Sunsets and Sunrises.

By the way: you can combine text and image in one post. Just type your text and when you are done position the cursor where you want to insert a picture and it will get there. In the beginning, the end or the middle. You can also start with a picture and add some text later.

I love to see there are many new contributors to this thread. All welcome. See you all in next volume!

Viewing 105 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.