Joining the CAS Community

To view the CAS Community pages, you will need to confirm you accept our Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept them please click Back in your browser.

To participate in Cloudspotter Groups and to view other Cloud Appreciation Society members, you will need to complete your own Community Profile by uploading profile and header images and confirming details about yourself.

Filter Photos:

You have selected:

Main Cloud Types

Other Clouds

Optical Effects

Miscellaneous

Sunsets and Sunrises Vol V

Sunsets and Sunrises Vol V

Forums The Cloud Forum Sunsets and Sunrises Vol V

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Michael Lerch avatarMichael
      Participant

Looks like there has been a lot of fun with sunsets and sunrises so lets keep this thread going with volume 5!

Arizona Sunset# 501

july0719b5283Set

Patricia L Keelin avatarKeelin
      Participant

Your Arizona Sunset #435 (closing Volume IV) was gorgeous, Michael. I hope those who visit here will take a walk back to catch it. And you’ve launched us with another beauty for Volume V. Yes! Let’s keep this glowing!

The photo below was taken at sunset, but in the opposite direction, just catching a tiny bit of rainbow against clouds soaking up the sun’s warming reflection.

IMG_5765_Bit of Rainbow & trees

Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
      Participant

What a wonderful catch this tiny segment of a rainbow at sunset Keelin. Yes, let’s keep it glowing in this thread and you set a good example of your own wish.

2020-01 Wolken (6)-2

Orange Jewellery

Participant

Love the rich brilliance of your Orange Jewelry, Hans. It is stunning!

Nothing so colorful in the silver/gold sunset below. What caught my eye in the lower right corner were the dark streaks against the light, right above the light streaks against the dark. It began to remind me of an etching plate…

IMG_2529_Silver&Gold Scratched Sunset

so, just for fun, I inverted the image to see what it would look like…

IMG_2529_Inverted Scratched Sunset

surprised to find it looks more like what one might expect from the sky (except for that telltale palm tree).

And I have Michael to thank for encouraging this indulgence of curiosity. Thank you, Michael! Ages ago, you opened my eyes to novel explorations of cloud imagery. The mind at play is a wonderful thing!

Allan Binks avatarAllan Binks
      Participant

IMG_20191028_160319

Participant

Arizona Sunset #502

may2019b4808Set

Gregory Venarsky avatarGregory Venarsky
      Participant

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to start off by saying that I think all of your pictures are wonderful but one in particular caught my eye. Correct me if I’m wondering, but I believe Alan has caught some Jetstream clouds. Either way it is a wonderful capture.

I was going through the archives and have decided to do you this picture from a while ago. Just some wonderful orange colors brightening up the sky.

Hope you all enjoy,

Gregory V.

Edges

DSC_0119

Participant

Welcome to the forum, Allan! Love the sense of depth you’ve captured with the grey cumulus and the wavering streak of homogenitus. Hope to see more images from you wherever you are. The intriguing silhouette in the lower right corner has me wondering where that might be.

Also enjoying #503, Michael. Another delicious serving of your lovely Arizona pinks and blues.

And Gregory, thanks for dropping into your archives to share a peek at a warmly brightened sky. Sunrise or sunset? Doesn’t really matter, does it, when the sky lights up like that!

Whatever comes sweeping in at the start or end of day is just fine with me.

IMG_5896_Sunset Sweep

Participant

Sweeping indeed Keelin. It is fine with me too. And a great radiatus by Allan. Welcome to you.

2020-01 Wolken (8)-2

Purple Without Rain

Gregory Venarsky avatarGregory Venarsky
      Participant

Wonderful sweeping cirrus, Keelin. It looks as though an artist has just taken his/her first stroke across the canvas that is our sky. And Hans, the purple color looks marvelous. I would have liked the rain that you said did not happen, as I do enjoy listening and sitting out in the rain.

Here is a picture from May 2019 after a decent-sized storm rolled over our town. You can see the mamma formations on the underbelly of the cloud. The overall swirl of the cloud is what I find the most captivating.

Best Wishes,

Gregory V.

Swirling

DSC_0501 (wecompress.com)

Participant

Arizona Sunset#503

sept0616b7003Set

Participant

Great mamma Greg! And nice composition Michael in #503.

2019-09 Charigny (49)-2

French Sunset

Participant

Love those soft, subtle tones in your Swirling, Gregory. And the bright halo in your #503, Michael. And I keep scrolling back to the gorgeous hues in Purple Without Rain, Hans. A dramatic contrast in feel to what you’ve captured in French Sunset. That thin, grey arcing accent is a nice touch!

Here is one that caught my eye just a few weeks ago.

IMG_6126_Catching The Glow

Participant

And today, it’s just a soft, easy entrance to the evening.

IMG_2709_Soft Sunset

Participant

Very Nice Soft and Easy Keelin. A Minimalist treat!

Arizona Sunset #504

oct1418b5775set

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.