Community Pages

Please accept our new Terms & Conditions before contributing to our Community Pages. Any content you contribute will be publicly visible. We expect contributors to show respect, courtesy and an appreciation of the atmosphere we all share.

Filter Photos:

You have selected:

Main Cloud Types

Other Clouds

Optical Effects

Miscellaneous

Sunset and Sunrises Volume VI

Sunset and Sunrises Volume VI

Forums The Cloud Forum Sunset and Sunrises Volume VI

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
      Participant

The thread for Sunsets and Sunrises has got lately an impulse. So here is the start of Volume VI for new surprises of color.

2020-05 Wolken (112)-1

Undulations At Sunset

Ruth Quist avatarRUTH QUIST
      Participant

Hans, I am so liking the browns and light orange in your Undulations At Sunset. Thanks too for helping with how to post text and photos.  I am going need more practice.      This sunrise looks like Sherbet BootiesP1020599 (2)

Meryl Schneider avatarMeryl Schneider
      Participant

Hi Hans, I really like your Undulations at Sunset! This is the first time I’m replying/posting on a forum, I see there are no like buttons etc, so do we just enter our comments or posts as a reply (as I am doing here)? Don’t know how this vertical pano will work!

photo_2020-05-19_21-26-27

Patricia L Keelin avatarKeelin
      Participant

Such beautiful images closed Volume V, I can’t wait to see what this next batch brings. And thank you, Hans, for launching us with those soft, beckoning undulations.

A warm welcome to the forum, Meryl! Your pano works perfectly. As I scroll to see where it lands, I have the feeling of floating down like a wisp of cotton candy on a summer breeze. Delightful!

And Ruth, may I offer a a fluffy comforter to go with your lovely Sherbet Booties?

IMG_6127_FluffyFluffy

Participant

Keelin, I believe my booties would love your comforter. Your kind words are enlightening to us newer members, welcome Meryl. I can see that I am going to need more material to share.

Pink Flambe

P1000756 (2)

Daniel Mitchell avatarDaniel
      Participant

Hans, Ruth, Meryl & Keelin— so many colors! Blues and purples, golds and oranges, reds and grays and browns and stirred up together– a veritable sky rainbow!

And welcome Meryl, to the forum- so glad you’ve joined in the fun :-)

Hans– thanks for kicking off the next volume as well.

I’m afraid I’ve been a bit preoccupied with kids at home, though I did manage to get out last night and was treated to a treasure-house of sunset deliciousness!

2020-05-28 Skyjourn by Daniel Mitchell - Webres NW-10072020-05-28 Skyjourn by Daniel Mitchell - Webres NW-10092020-05-28 Skyjourn by Daniel Mitchell - Webres NW-10102020-05-28 Skyjourn by Daniel Mitchell - Webres NW-1016

Participant

What a great variety of sunsets from everywhere. Welcome in this thread Meryl. Your vertical pano works more than well. Love it. Booties, a Fluffy comforter, a Flambe to enjoy all ending in a well tuned quartet of very different looking sunsets. Are they all taken in one evening Daniel? That must have been a great ending of the day.

2020-05 Wolken (107)-1

Layered

Meryl Schneider avatarMeryl Schneider
      Participant

Such beautiful photos! comforter, booties, cotton candy – sounds very cozy and welcoming! Daniel, those shots are stunning. Were on a mountain top, or flying?

Participant

Hey Meryl— thanks— actually on the ground down in the Willamette Valley, Oregon— just a big zoom lens going deep into the horizon, gives the illusion of being in the clouds, which I love :-)

And yep, Hans— all the same evening– put on quite a show for me over an hour and a half or so.

Jocelyn Northey avatarjocelyn.northey
      Participant

Such beautiful images to start off a new thread. Lovely warm oranges from Hans, Ruth, Keelin and Daniel. Welcome Meryl your lovely pano adds a new dimension.

Here is my pic from yesterday. It was lovely to see the sun, even for just a brief glimpse before the greyness rolled in again.IMG_6111-2

Don Hatfield avatarDon
      Participant

We had a nice sunset the other day, here in Dallas, sunset gold n grey

Sorry, Hans, no eyebrow clouds this time around.

and morphed a few minutes later into

sunset a few moments later

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Don Hatfield avatarDon.
      Don Hatfield avatarDon
      Participant

Jocelyn always manages to capture the most beautiful pastels.  Meryl – you too.

I love the sense of calm both of you bring.

Participant

P1050018 (2)Everyone’s sunsets are just stunning. I will add my evening ” Blaze of Color”.

Participant

No eyebrows Don, but instead some delicate colors, especially the yellows on the first one. And an equally stunning Blaze of Color, Ruth.

Here is a French version.

2019-09 Charigny (107)-2

Éclat des Couleurs

Participant

Hans, I needed sunglasses for your Blaze! Just fabulous blend of oranges.

Participant

Holy cow, Hans! That is some rich sunset action! And your Blaze of Color, Ruth, reminds me of video I’ve seen of lava bombs splattering on the ground.

This one is a bit more subdued from the other night.

2020-06-11 Skyjourn by Daniel Mitchell - Webres-1015

The Clouds Go Marching One by One

Michael Lerch avatarMichael
      Participant

Arizona Sunset #601

jan1020b7946Set

Participant

Arizona Sunset #602

july1919b5550Set

Participant

P1050028 (2)Purple Haze

Participant

Sounds good Purple Haze, Ruth.

2020-06 Charigny (80)-1
      Getting In Tune

Patricia L Keelin avatarKeelin
      Participant

Such beautiful images from everyone above! Thank you all for sharing such colorful celestial bookends to the day. Timing makes it rare for me to catch these delights, but here is one from the archives, the last of the sun having slipped silently below a dark blanket of sea.

Sun And Sea

Participant

P1010344 (2)Hans, Keelin, Michael, and Daniel I believe a full incredible spectrum of colors just got presented. We could open a paint store.

I am submitting : Little Can Be Plenty

Participant

Arizona Sunset #603

aug1518b4405Set

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.