Red Sprite lightning in high definition – marvellous capture!

Red Sprite lightning in high definition – marvellous capture!

Forums The Cloud Forum Red Sprite lightning in high definition – marvellous capture!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Laurence Green avatarLaurence Green
      Participant

Shots of lightning often feature on the CAS’s Photo Gallery – and marvellous at that, must say!

Here is a wonderful shot, magical, of the highly elusive Red Sprite lightning.

Taken last month from Italy by Stephane Vetter – TWAN (The Watchers At Night – elite night photographers excelling in their special art).

The image comes from NASA’s APOD page today (8th October) and is accompanied by a brief and concise detailed commentary.

This image must rank, for me, one of the best I have seen of this extremely rare phenomenon.

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap191008.html

Laurence

Patricia L Keelin avatarPatricia L Keelin
      Participant

Fantastic sprites, Laurence! The image made my eyes open wide in utter astonishment. Thank you for posting the link.

Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
      Participant

Thank you Laurence for sharing. This one must certainly be taken by elite photographers with excellent gear. Such detail and sharpnes…. It shows how a sprite looks like in detail. Until now I only have seen pictures of undifferentiated short lines of red light. This picture shows a complete network of tiny lines. Amazingly beautiful abstract art.

Laurence Green avatarLaurence Green
      Participant

Dear Keelin and Hans

I am pleased you found a liking to my posting.  It is always nice to share things like this with folks like your good selves.  This is one of the pleasures of being a CAS member and to share items like this.

Yes, the photo is truly marvellous in every sense.  Just how the photographer managed to capture this both startling and show stealing image just blows my mind away – nicely so!  Memorable, that is, saying the least.

Best wishes, as ever, to you and all CAS members.

Laurence

George Preoteasa avatarGeorge Preoteasa
      Participant

Laurence, this is fantastic!

Liangjun Ling avatarLiangjun Ling
      Participant

Thank you for sharing,that is so impressive!I have never seen a lightning like that!

Ling

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.