Rare Event with Super Irony

Rare Event with Super Irony

Forums The Cloud Forum Rare Event with Super Irony

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Michael Lerch avatarMichael Lerch
      Participant

I live in Phoenix Arizona US. Phoenix is located on the northern reaches of the Sonoran desert,,the Upper Sonoran Desert. On average, we get 7 incjes of rain a year and have around 275 ” sunny” days a year.The majority of those ” sunny ” days being with no clouds at all. So, a ” rare event” has to be considered in those weather parameters. What may be quite common in other geological areas may be super rare here in the desert.

And so it is this morning in Phoenix , the day of the Super Bowl that by the way, is being held, hosted, in the Valley of the Sun, Phoenix as well. Fog , thick as I’ve ever seen it,,has descended into the Valley. Perhaps the Seatlle Seahawk fans brought it with them. Fog, stratus opacus, yep, can’t even see the sun at 10am,has enveloped the Valley of the Sun on Super Bowl Sunday…Tell me the clouds do not have a sense of humor. I mean..fog in Phoenix is at best,a once a year occurrence. I’ve noticed several years between the low stratus in the neighborhood..years! So..this day’s fog is a very Special event and delicious in its Irony. All these visiting Super Bowl fans waking up with their hungover fuzzy vision and seeing..more fog. Holders of tickets to the ” nose bleed” seats at the stadium..must be praying to their gods for a breeze and a sun to burn this stuff off. But I, relish the fog and have taken a few shots around the estate for all to see what is a very rare super event on a super day.

fog

fog

fog

Gini Wells avatarGini Wells
      Participant

Love the birds photo, Mike!

Marsha Smithhisler avatarMarsha Smithhisler
      Participant

Thanks for the pictures, Mike. I’ve always loved fog…it seems so mysterious, as if a cloud came down and graced the earth with its presence. (Although it’s really a cloud rising, I guess.) Your humor was probably spot on. Wonder how many fans thought it was just the lingering effects of last night’s excesses?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.