New Years Day Clouds 2018

New Years Day Clouds 2018

Forums The Cloud Forum New Years Day Clouds 2018

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Photo Editor avatarPhoto Editor
      Keymaster

As in previous years it would be great to see images of clouds that appear around the world on New Years Day. Please feel free to post your 2018 submissions on the subject here. Hope you are all enjoying the festive season and I would like to wish you all a very happy, healthy, cloudy and prosperous New Year.

Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
      Participant

Just bringing this back up near the top of a busy forum for New Year’s Eve.

Keymaster

Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, a town that  in 1013 was briefly the capital of England and Denmark.Gainsborough-01-01-2018

Participant

Did Shakespeare write about that, Ian?

‘H’

Alec Jones avatarAlec Jones
      Participant

NYD

Julie Smith avatarJulie Smith
      Participant

IMG_1410

Julie Smith avatarJulie Smith
        Participant

Apologies – forgot to add that thiss was taken over Weymouth Dorset UK – a cloudy and wet start to 2018!

George Preoteasa avatarGeorge Preoteasa
      Participant

No clouds that I can offer from New York. It’s 9F/-13C and the wind is blowing at 20 mph under totally blue skies. A seagull seems not to mind.

bluesky

Laurie Floyd avatarLaurie Floyd
      Participant

Love this idea and I’m looking forward to other views of the world soon. The sunset last night offered more in the way of clouds, though we do have the start of something moving in this morning. Best new year wishes from the foothills of the Organ Mountains of New Mexico.  Laurie

last '17 sunsetfirst morning 2018

Franz Ossing avatarFranz Ossing
      Participant

Though a bit late, I have to offer a strong virga tail of an As sheet, Berlin, Germany:

As virga, Ac, Sc op, Ci fib, 01.01.2018, Berlin, WSW, 15:43, photo: F.Ossing, Cm7, Cl5, ChX20180101_Cm7

Patricia L Keelin avatarPatricia L Keelin
      Participant

Here’s to looking up in 2018! ~~ and a New Year of peace to all.

IMG_7194_Stairway To Heaven 2018Stairway To Heaven in Napa, California

Participant

DSC_0072I took some snaps at the first sign of a break. New for 2018 is this clump in the tree; I don’t think it is mistletoe (common this year at Hillier Gardens), we do have a few grey squirrels and magpies but none have been seen.  DSC_0066pDSC_0065
      N.B. It has been a lot of trouble uploading these snaps in Windows 10 – its not a simple drag and drop.

Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
      Participant

The sky in Haarlem, the Netherlands on the first of January 2018. The most frequently occurring stratocumulus. Later this day some rain followed that will be continued tomorrow. Just for a start.

IMG_3715 1 januari 2018 asr klein

Happy new year to all!

Michael Lerch avatarMichael Lerch
      Participant

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

First shot was taken around 8am catching some rough K-H in the high cirrus stratus probably born from contrail. 2nd shot was taken around 2:30pm, a stream of high thin cirrus flowing overhead here in Phoenix. Nice day around 72f. Looks like clouds are thickening, if they developjan0118b9788,possibly another shot or two!

Nichola Brown avatarNichola Brown
      Participant

305D7F0F-35FF-4198-A0BC-6413EE2DE494I’m a newbie so not sure what these are. Taken in Cornwall on New Year’s Day. Very excited to be member 44964!

David Stephens avatarDavid Stephens
      Participant

Cherry Creek State Park, Just South Of Denver, Colorado, USA

Sunset At Cherry Creek Reservoir<script async src=”//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

Kristy Sharkey avatarKristy Sharkey
      Participant

Seward Park – Seattle, WA

Most of the clouds today started as contrails.  So much better than the months of nimbostratus we typically get during the winter.

Happy 2018!

DSC00377

Keymaster

A happy new year and a big thank you to all who responded to this forum request….IanL..

Participant

A nice collection. And a warm welcome to some new names. This looked good in The Times, UK, 2JAN2018, but not so good here on-line, I suspect:

https://www.facebook.com/DanielSandsPhotography/photos/a.533090110217202.1073741827.532901446902735/760023827523828/?type=3&theater

The caption read ‘ “Threshold of the year”  Durdle Door, near Lulworth, Dorset, early yesterday. Wet weather around Britain is expected to last until the end of the week.’

Participant

“It’s going to be another busy year.”

https://store.thetimes.co.uk/special-offers/?utm_source=google&utm_campaign=UK_G_BP_Times_B_The_Times&utm_medium=paid_search&utm_term=_+the_+times_Broad&utm_content=BAU_12062017

The Times frequently carries full page adverts in its hard copy for its subscription packages (I have one). The current series is a montage of a particular politician. The first I noticed was Trump and the Presidential helicopter. There was a Trump look-alike on the left, must be a stand-in I thought. Then it slowly dawned there were a dozen or so Trumps. A tad OTT methinks.

P.S. Don’t you just love the #10 pussy cat – Larry is it? Yes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_(cat)

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.