New Years Day Cloud Photos

New Years Day Cloud Photos

Forums The Cloud Forum New Years Day Cloud Photos

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Michael Lerch avatarMichael Lerch
      Participant

Cloud photographs from the first day of 2021 post here!

I have not been fortunate  enough to have any, not a single one, cloud in my sky all day  here in Phoenix Az.

But there was a “mist”, perhaps a  very light fog, for a while in the morning. The days sun was lifting the little moisture still in the ground  in to the atmosphere. When the sun was at a good angle , I could see the contrast between where the moisture was and where it wasn’t. So this is what I saw on the first day of 2021, a very thin ground stratus!

2021mist

Lisa Rigge avatarLisa Rigge
      Participant

IMG_0384We’ve had some pretty mares’ tails today!

Laurence Green avatarLaurence Green
      Participant

Hi Michael

Thanks for your welcome posting and I wish  you and all CAS members a much happier and safer New Year.  Here is the hoping and may it come to pass!

By way of contrast to you situation, weather wise, here in the UK we have heavy cloud, snow and freezing temperatures – everything is damnably wet and soggy.  Could you send us some nice dry Arizona weather. please?!?  Right now it would be, I think, much appreciated.

Best wishes.

Laurence

Patricia L Keelin avatarPatricia L Keelin
      Participant

Thanks, Michael for the annual NYD launch. Sorry I’ve no image to share, and sympathize with you, Laurence. Each time I stepped out yesterday, it was featureless here too, but all blue on blue. We missed even a mist! Be that as it may, I look forward to seeing what others have seen. Like your lovely mares’ tails, Lisa. May 2021 bring a skyful of wonder and a heartful of health and well-being to all.

Ruth Quist avatarRuth Quist
      Participant

P1070165 (2)A New Years Day, Looking South Down The Swan Mountain Range, Montana

My New Year’s day cloud, hanging with the moon. Alberta, CanadaDSC_5382-Edit

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.