New Member; Aprehensive…

New Member; Aprehensive…

Forums The Cloud Forum New Member; Aprehensive…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Gavin Solimando avatarGavin Solimando
      Participant

Hey, I’m Gavin and I have always lived clouds, especially nimbus clouds. I came across this webpage and joined just for the fun of it. The video was persuasive as well. However, I’ve been exploring the website and I just want to know if it really was worth signing up for lol. I mean, I love big, fluffy clouds but I’m not a WEIRDO who jumps up and down and faints from how excited I am about seeing a cloud lol. What do you all think?

Michael Lerch avatarMichael Lerch
      Participant

Gavin..Here is what I think… I live in the Upper Sonoran desert, Phoenix Arizona, USA. This region gets maybe 7 inches of rain a year. We have around 275 ” sunny ” days a year, and most of them are without clouds at all..Yes. blue sky from horizon to horizon. So..when we do have clouds..IT IS a cause for celebration, fainting and jumping especially when the event includes clouds of fleeting rarity. Just the opportunity for mental exercise offered by the quickly passing condensation, gives reason to get out of bed before sun rise and disregard all else when the slightest hint of an ” event” is suggested by the wind blown. I am allowed to ” flex” my working hours due to folks understanding the importance of clouds to me. Yes..I can leave work to photograph the clouds activity and make up for my time spent later.In that way, the celebration of cloud ..my life is centered around. I find myself in the clouds. And that is not weirdo,,and is of a value well beyond the mundane.

What is weird..is of all the things any one human can experience and do,,that so many never see the celebration that is going on right over their heads…for “free’.By ” free”, i do not mean..with out “financial cost” . I mean..unencumbered,,not restrained, liberated..Clouds offer opportunity to ” free’ ones mind,,ones Imagination. And that is to be celebrated. It IS weird that such a perspective is considered ” weird”.

Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
        Participant

Flap Dance

Then there is always the converse – the one that got away. When MikeL was catching fog in Phoenix I came to the top of a slope and a break in the trees. The whole of the South East had the finest undulatus I have ever seen. I always carry a shirt pocket camera (no smartphone) but it wasn’t in the windcheater pocket it should have been in. The resulting flailing of hands around other pockets then jumping up and down with fury is what I call the flap dance. You see something similar when they misplace their wallet, smartphone etc.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.