Mammatus clouds over Nebraska, USA – Image from NASA APOD page

Mammatus clouds over Nebraska, USA – Image from NASA APOD page

Forums The Cloud Forum Mammatus clouds over Nebraska, USA – Image from NASA APOD page

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Laurence Green avatarLaurence Green
      Participant

Sorry I have been out of contact with CAS folk for some time.   Health problems are to blame…

Right!  Back, I hope, in circulation.

Here is a nice image of the Mammatus cloud, this time photographed over Nebraska, USA.

Click here for the image and a brief and concise explanation about how this type of cloud occurs.

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap191215.html

Laurence

Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
      Participant

I am glad you are back Laurence. I missed your contributions to the Forum. Anyway I hope you are doing well now.

Great APOD to share. This picture reminded me of one in the gallery and I found it. It is dated the 24th of January 20o6 from the same photographer. Magnificent picture anyway. Here is the link: Mammatus over Nebraska

It is funny to see the same situation pop up 13 years later.

Participant

Thanks, Hans, for your good wishes.

I am getting back to better health now, thanks be, and hope to contribute more to the CAS Forum etc.

May I take this opportunity to wish all CAS members a Happy Christmas and all the best for the next decade to come – 2020.

Laurence

Patricia L Keelin avatarPatricia L Keelin
      Participant

Laurence, happy to see you return!

Participant

Thanks, dear Keelin, for  your sentiments, much appreciated.  I am still, well, pretty low down but getting better.  A bit of a long haul ahead of me but getting there.  I don’t give up easily….

I hope all CAS members, especially your good self, had a lovely Christmas.  I wish all a Happy New Year, good health, prosperity, happiness and contentment in all ways possible.

Laurence

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.