Jupiter – bizarre clouds

Jupiter – bizarre clouds

Forums The Cloud Forum Jupiter – bizarre clouds

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Laurence Green avatarLaurence Green
      Participant

Jupiter – bizare clouds

Released on the NASA APOD page – clouds of the like we neverĀ get on planet Earth, and if we did, what would our weather be and its impact on everything here as we know it?

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap170213.html

Laurence

Michael Lerch avatarMichael Lerch
      Participant

LG…Hold on a sec…those clouds have the consistency of Jello at best,,maybe more like ice slush. Our weather would be ..crushed to death. I can imagine micro creatures living amongst the molecules but temperature and light are very thin. Now take the Jovian moon Encelidus(spl?) It just may be all water..ice crust with liquid underneath maybe there we could survive for a while. Maybe some great ice fishing there.

But yea, Juno earned every cent poured into the program with just that shot.

Laurence Green avatarLaurence Green
      Participant

Thanks, Roger, for your much appreciated reply.

I certainly agree with your comment about every US cent being spent to explore Jupiter via the marvellous spacecraft, Juno.Ā  I am sure “she” will reward us with much wonderful information of weather patterns on giant Jupiter and how we can learn about its possible import to us here on Earth.

My big love has always been planet Pluto.Ā  NASA’s craft, “New Horizons” returned wonderful images, including clouds ,of another world and so far, far away from Earth.Ā  That was money well spent.

Correct me if I am wrong – I recall when the Apollo 11 mission was undertaken to land the first human on the Moon the money spent on that mission was the equivalent of the amount of the money spentĀ  each day in the USA on – yes – chewing gum!Ā  Well, I do have some reservation here but this is what NASA put out on the news media at that time.

Laurence

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.