Iridescent clouds? Lenticular?

Iridescent clouds? Lenticular?

Forums Cloud Identification Help Iridescent clouds? Lenticular?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ramona Edwards avatarRamona Edwards
      Participant

I love finding colors in the sky!  As I was watching these clouds move past the sun and go through their delightful array of colors, they began to look lenticular-ish.  I am not enough of an expert to know if they were sharp enough to fall into that classification or not, though?  It was a VERY windy day in Oklahoma. I underexpose my sky color photos so the colors will be more apparent – this was taken during the middle of the day, with a very high shutter speed.  Is the small cloud in the middle a lenticular?

Thanks!
      Ramona

IMG_2342editlowIMG_2284editlowIMG_2429editlow

Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
      Participant

Great iridescence and you captured it well in my opinion, Ramona.

The lenticular shape is there indeed. It might be a borderline case but I’d give it the benefit of the doubt and say yes to lenticularis. One of the nice things about clouds is that they not always behave and look like we think they have to. You just have to check all the examples of iridescent lenticularis on the gallery and find some that are not as lenticular as you expected.

Ramona Edwards avatarRamona Edwards
        Participant

Thanks so much, Hans!  I appreciate the input and suggestions! I look to watch clouds form and change and I see SO much that I have questions about!  Getting ready to post another question, in fact, LOL!

Blessings

Ramona

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.