ICA Vol I & II

ICA Vol I & II

Forums The Cloud Forum ICA Vol I & II

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
      Participant

International Cloud Atlas – this is a copy of my post to the old forum 22MAR14:

Volume I (text)

http://library.wmo.int/pmb_ged/wmo_407_en-v1.pdf

Volume II (pictures) (10mb). The List of Plates appears at the end.

http://library.wmo.int/pmb_ged/wmo_407_en-v2.pdf

These links were found through the CAS Newsletter 3/14. I post them here since not all Forum viewers will be CAS Members who receive the newsletter.

The links are new to me but were an essential part of the ICA update review discussed in the newsletter

Dillon Browne avatarDillon Browne
      Participant

Thanks for posting these links again. I missed them the first time around.

Having had a scan of them they look like interesting reference material. Thought provoking as well if so inclined. Page XIX (my favourite number) revealed to me that clouds are hydrometeors. I find the origins of words interesting and strangely I had never thought of meteors to have anything to do with weather (I’m obviously blind to ‘meteorology’). Perhaps it’s because my wife is into astronomy that I’ve only really thought of meteors from space, while the first definition in the dictionary is of course ‘any atmospheric phenomenon (now rare)’

Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
        Participant

Airhead, putting two and two together, we must have enjoyed your wife’s contributions to the old Forum – Alexxx? With the droll profile picture old goggle eyes? Perhaps she will find Bill’s recent posts here of interest.

Regardless, either or both are doubtless enjoying the International Year of Light; light2015.org.uk. This may well interest some on this Forum though as far as I could tell at a quick look there is much astronomy but no cloud (no challenge); not surprising I suppose.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.