Horseshoe Vortex!

Horseshoe Vortex!

Forums The Cloud Forum Horseshoe Vortex!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Daniel Mehta avatarDaniel Mehta
      Participant

Hey, hey! For my first topic post I thought I would show you all the first horseshoe vortex I have managed to document. I saw it on June 8th, 2019, in Blairgowrie, Scotland, during the evening hours. Was really fascinating to watch! Will upload the rather shaky time-lapse I also took.

In the latest CAS Cloud a Day email, the horseshoe vortex is given the supplementary feature name “tuba”. Would I, then, be correct in saying that this cloud’s official name would be Cumulus fractus tuba?

(I have 15 images altogether, so will post 5 here, then five in the next post and another five in the post after that. :) )

Participant

Participant

Participant

Here is the time-lapse I captured. I apologise for its shakiness; I didn’t think I’d have enough time to run indoors and set my phone camera stand up.

Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
      Participant

Congrats Danunosus. You even captured it in a time-lapse! Although shaky, you got it. When you had go get indoors you would have missed it I suppose.

Participant

Exactly. This was my main worry. :) Happy that I managed to capture it, though!

Michael Lerch avatarMichael Lerch
      Participant

Nice Catch Dan!..May  your luck stay with you!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.