Hello from South Devon – Andy Wright 37772

Hello from South Devon – Andy Wright 37772

Forums The Cloud Forum Hello from South Devon – Andy Wright 37772

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Andy Wright avatarAndy Wright
      Participant

I took this photo whilst Sailin on the Solent last week, I am learning photography and yachting seems to be a great place to take some amazing photos of clouds, enjoy!!!!

Andy
      https://cloudappreciationsociety.org/members/andyzwright/my-clouds/picture/52/

Gini Wells avatarGini Wells
      Participant

Welcome, Andy – and thanks for the lovely sunset. You should be able to load the photo directly into your message, rather than as a link (but there was no problem with the link, it worked perfectly). Have a look at Gavin’s ‘Uploading an image’ thread. Whereabouts in south Devon are you? I’m also in Devon – hope you’ll be a member of the Devon ‘Chapter’, when we get one established! Happy cloudwatching.

It’s a great one, Andy. Out on the water, with no obstructions to the sky, is always a great place for cloudspotting.

If you use the ‘img’ button and enter the image URL (instead of just pasting it in the message) it will appear as an image like this:

Andy Wright avatarAndy Wright
      Participant

Hi Gini

I live in Newton Abbot and work on the River Dart, so I have easy access to the moors and sea.

I Devon meet would be a great idea, where are you and other Devon members based?

Thanks for the tips on photos, I’ll do that next time!

Andy

Gini Wells avatarGini Wells
      Participant

Hi Andy, I am in Exeter and I’ve sailed into the Dart on a friend’s boat (moored in the Exe) many a time. Estuaries make for some of the best water/sky photos and we have some of the best estuaries in England, to my way of thinking. If any other Devon members express an interest in getting together, I’m happy to have a go at organising something before Gavin starts setting up the ‘Chapters’formally.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.