Fog waves

Fog waves

Forums The Cloud Forum Fog waves

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      George Preoteasa avatarGeorge Preoteasa
      Participant

I took this time lapse in Senja, Norway. I found it interesting how the fog waves are forming. There are also some lenticular clouds. I hope you watch it and like it. :-)

Best viewed on a larger full screen in a dark room. Actually, I noticed that the Forum site make crops it (or maybe it’s just my browser?). So you can cut and paste this in the browser directly:

vimeo.com/362456617

Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
      Participant

I like your video George. Love the waves of fog coming and going. Thanks for sharing.

By the way: did you see the noctilucent clouds you hoped for in Finland?

Participant

Thank you, Hans. I did not see noctilucents, sadly. The season was over. Next year I am thinking of trying it in July in North America, e.g. Alberta in Canada. It’s a bit closer and also much cheaper than (BTW) Norway.

I did see the aurora though. Not very strong, but it showed up. See this video slide show:

If you let vimeo take you to “next” you will also see two interesting cap cloud time lapses. I saw more cap clouds in Norway than I have seen in the rest of my life :-)

Participant

… and again the picture is cropped, the best part is cut out ;-(

Try pasting this in the browser

vimeo.com/361208676

Patricia L Keelin avatarPatricia L Keelin
      Participant

Thanks for posting your beautiful fog and aurora time-lapse videos, George. Really lovely captures.

Wendy DeGraffenried avatarWendy DeGraffenried
      Participant

Lovely! Thanks for sharing!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.