Contrail Thread Volume VI

Contrail Thread Volume VI

Forums The Cloud Forum Contrail Thread Volume VI

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author
      Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
      Participant

Having reached 101 posts in Volume V it is time to start a new Contrail volume but not before mentioning the marvelous ending of Volume V by Keelin. Congrats with your first spotting of CVI, Keelin. It wouldn’t be you when there was not some pun in the title you gave it. Isn’t it strange to watch CVI develop and change?

And then you also introduced me to a new kind of CVI. Ingenious in one word. I had a good laugh about it. Before going any further go check a new kind of CVI

I don’t know how long I have to wait to spot something unique like this special CVI.

Having this in mind Volume VI has to start with CVI as well. Here is just one tiny link of a dissipating chain.

2022-03 Wolken (20)-1

Ill Oriented Horseshoe Wannabee?

Patricia L Keelin avatarKeelin
      Participant

Glad to hear my final post to V. V gave you a good giggle, Hans. And thank you for getting V. VI off the ground with such an elegant, linear gesture. I think it’s gonna be a ringer. ;)

IMG_2038_Split EndSplit End

Kathleen Quinlan avatarKathleen Quinlan
      Participant

I see contrails on a daily basis.  The other day I saw 2 that crossed each other and in the center ? a curled cloud.
      Kathy Member 58356 I just joined this month.9A6B5F80-2675-4C76-A85F-D6F13EFFEEB5

Ruth Quist avatarRUTH QUIST
      Participant

Kathy, welcome to the contrail page.  Always interesting to see sizes, shapes, and colors.

Hans and Keelin, exciting pictures.  The shapes are there.

P1110226 (2) A Twist Of Licorice

Participant

Reached In The Lost And FoundP1070718 (2)

Participant

Seeing snakes in the sky.

Cobra ContrailP1022694 (2)

Participant

The Joy Of FlightP1022356 (2)

Patricia L Keelin avatarKeelin
      Participant

Welcome to the CAS Forum, Kathy. Looking up provides all kinds of amazing sights, doesn’t it?

And Ruth, you caught some great color in your latest. Love that accent of Joy.

This is only the second time I’ve seen Crow Vortex Instability. There was sometime different about the clear parallel lines that compelled me to watch. And suddenly, it happened!IMG_225_Thought Interrupted

Thought Interrupted

Participant

Keelin,

I just saw one of those contrails today while out walking in my neighborhood.

Kathy

Participant

Welcome Kathleen. What a wonderful trail you spotted just through the hole of a curly cloud. That must have been a matter of precision flying.

A scary Cobra Contrail is it that you spotted Ruth.

Great to see you have spotted already twice CVI in a contrail Keelin. In my opinion that one can be ticked off for you…..

2022-05 Wolken (1)

duncan_bulman avatarduncan_bulman
      Participant

V for victory

I guess this would have been better in volume 5 (V).

IMG_20220614_204051

Participant

Yes Duncan the one that took this very sharp turn could have been a great start of the former volume. Great spotting!

2022-06 Wolken (42)-1

Kelvintrail

Participant

Duncan, very nice V.  May be for victorious.

Hans, you found a V too.

The Big Noodle.P1120192 (2)

Participant

Just Lay It Down HereP1033459 (2)

Participant

Nice big Noodle, Ruth, and ‘Just Lay It Dwon Here’ is a very funny title.

2022-07 Wolken (89)-1

Crossing A Broadband

Participant

Hans, I like the B & W affect.

Additional DecorationsP1090675 (2)

duncan_bulman avatarduncan_bulman
      Participant

A handheld shot taken with my phone so a little bit fuzzy.

Stepped outside to take in the cool night air and was treated to this spectacle.  The photo doesn’t do it justice.

Jupiter – Moon – Saturn

Midnight Moon

IMG_20220814_001044

Participant

Very cool.  Initially I thought I had a speck on my screen but it didn’t come of.  Then I read your note more closely and realized I was looking at the planets.  🤣

Crazy Kathy

Participant

Great constellation, Duncan. Impossible to wipe it from my screen, Kathy😊.

2022-07 Charigny (42)-1
      A Poor Attempt to Cut One Line

Participant

Hans, dramatic course you have taken.

Left My LuggageP1033593 (2)

Participant

Blowing SmokeP1120797 (2)

Participant

Now Pink Works P1044440 (2)

Participant

Good Morning,

I need help as I don’t see any way on this forum to enter my contrail pictures.  I have no trouble on my Massachusetts page but on this one I am baffled.

Kathy

Participant

Kathleen, boy do I understand.  I will try to help with some easy instructions.  When you see this large box there is an Insert Photo Icon, far right with a picture of mountain.  That opens up the next box to upload your photo.  The print is not totally visible but stay to the right and insert your photo.  The file size should be 3MB or smaller for it to be accepted.  It is so much fun to be involved in the forums.  I enjoy the other cloud spotters and a great way to learn about the clouds.  If you need more assistance let me know and we can talk this through on the phone.  Anxious to see your contrail.  Ruth

Participant

599E4C5A-7ED1-494A-85E6-D9E00101008CC4B23F32-EA96-45CD-83BC-DE026443957A22715313-B539-4498-899B-CF1012273D1D

Participant

The order of my pictures above were rearranged.  The middle one is the first one I took.  The top one is of the plane cutting through the halo of the sun.  The last picture is of the contrail dissolving.  I am not sure if in the middle picture that is a contrail at the top cutting through the halo.  I was only aware of the one I actually saw being made.  I have so many contrails in the sky in my neighborhood it is crazy.  These pictures were taken this morning (8:53-9:06).

Thanks Ruth,

Kathy

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.