Colour

Colour

Forums The Cloud Forum Colour

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Alec Jones avatarAlec Jones
      Participant

Now that the B&W thread is very well established, would it be possible to have an official colour thread? I appreciate that there is a “Not the B&W” thread already in existence but by its negative connotations I don’t think it does colour work any justice at all. I note also that Mike has asked for separate threads on sunrises and sunsets. Could I add to those a couple of other suggestions, namely a thread specifically for contrails and one for atmospheric optics to include halos and rainbows especially. This would give “official” threads for:

1. B&W

2. Colour

3. Sunrises and Sunsets

4. Contrails

5. Atmospheric Optics especially halos and rainbows

Obviously, these categories would not preclude anyone posting their own ‘one shot’ topics if they wanted to highlight specific images or ideas. I believe there would still be the richness and variety of topics you already have on the forum but also somewhere specific to ‘hang your hat and coat’.

What do others think? Do you have any other suggestions for ‘official’ threads?

Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
      Participant

The eclectic side of Alec, but not a great title for the topic which you have generalised.

N.B. CAS have not chosen to use ‘thread’, but post or topic – see index.

I am particularly in favour of a Colour topic, long in my mind, but lacking the skills to dare instigate it. In fact I had noted last Thursday’s Cloud as yellowish. I am the proud possessor of ‘The Elements of Color’ based on Johannes Itten’s ‘The Art of Colour’ which is probably why I hung back. But yes, go, go, go.

https://us11.campaign-archive.com/?u=3b978e064761964547808bac4&id=d9995a1945

Alec Jones avatarAlec Jones
        Participant

My mind can be a fairly vague, nebulous, inaccurate and untrustworthy place at the best of times H, but hopefully people will catch my drift.

The image you link to has a beautiful zero order glow, very nice indeed.

Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
      Participant

Hi Alec, sorry I could not react sooner, but I really like your initiative. You are right with the negative connotation with something called Not B&W. I now think it covered potentially to much. I initially felt a bit reluctant about the suggestion by Michael for a sunset / sunrise topic. Your suggestion for differentiation makes me change my mind and I like to contribute to,  or even start one of these new topics.

I just saw you already started the Colour Thread Volume I. Other options are to follow as far as I am concerned. I will take some sleep on them now. To be continued tomorrow.

And I like the drift!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.