Community Pages

Please accept our new Terms & Conditions before contributing to our Community Pages. Any content you contribute will be publicly visible. We expect contributors to show respect, courtesy and an appreciation of the atmosphere we all share.

Filter Photos:

You have selected:

Main Cloud Types

Other Clouds

Optical Effects

Miscellaneous

The Cloud Forum

Cloudscapes Volume VI

Forums The Cloud Forum Cloudscapes Volume VI

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
      Participant

Cloudscapes Volume V ended with a marvelous post by Richard in ir. Was that nacreous, asked Richard. Impossible to tell when it is in B&W. Still I suppose it is not nacreous because ‘an evening in the northwest’ shows a cirrus sky and nacreous clouds are wave clouds all be it at high altitude.

Let’s first check what’s behind us in Volume V (always worthwhile) and find the second last and beautiful ‘So Promising’ by Keelin. I hope this Volume will fulfill these promises and be equally beautiful.

So let’s escape in this new volume.

2021-09 Charigny (195)-1

Floating

Ruth Quist avatarRUTH QUIST
      Participant

Hans, for starters I really enjoyed your gallery photo last week.  Some yen and yang.  Super colors.  And Floating adds for joy too.

I Just Have To Get Out MoreP1100053 (2)

Participant

Open CountryP1030165 (2)

Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
      Participant

Thank you Ruth. I understand why you Just Have To Get Out More. That’s a great sky just as is Open Country. There is so much space around and air to breath.

2021-09 Charigny (229)-1

Just A Glimpse Of What’s Beyond

Richard Bergeman avatarRichard Bergeman
      Participant

hans, that is one mesmerizing ‘glimpse’ you have there. …. other worldly — at first glimpse it appears i am looking out a plane window thru some scattered cumulus toward a field of lenticularus ….. or am i seeing something else?

here’s a dramatic storm cloud that fortuitously swept over a spur called pigeon butte that i went out to photograph last week

pigeon butte (chemapho)1

and a second pic tracking it as it head east

passing storm+road(chemapho)

Participant

Ok, I did get out, so look out.  Here they come!P1011665 (2)

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.