You have selected:

Main Cloud Types

Other Clouds

Optical Effects

Miscellaneous

Cloudscapes Volume III

Cloudscapes Volume III

Forums The Cloud Forum Cloudscapes Volume III

This topic contains 34 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Hans Stocker Hans Stocker 3 days, 9 hours ago.

• Author
    Keelin
    Keelin
    Participant

Last July, Hans launched us into the wild ride of Cloudscapes Volume II with a most appropriate image titled Life Is A Carnival and wrapped us up with A Floating Refreshment. It holds a delightful and delicious collection. Whatever Volume III may bring remains to be seen, but I predict it will hold no less magic and mystery.

For fans of paredolia, someone on the left side in the image below is…

IMG_1493__Watching In WaitWatching In Wait

Hans Stocker
    Hans Stocker
    Participant

Thank you Keelin for this nice and pareidolic start of Volume III. I also Watch and Wait for what´s more to come. Thus you already started with the magic and mystery , so let´s continue with..

2018-10 Wolken_0070-3

Conflicting Ripples

Michael
    Michael
    Participant

Arizona Cloudscape 300

april0118b2004

Hans Stocker
    Hans Stocker
    Participant

Great pattern you spotted in # 300 Michael! Nice colors also.

2018-09 Charigny_0256-3

A Lensscape

hygge
    Participant

A fascinating start to Vol III leaves me in awe of all your observations.

In gratitude,  hygge

Keelin
    Keelin
    Participant

Love the frosted fern appearance of your Cloudscape #300, Michael, and the soft gentle curve of your Lensscape, Hans. And thank you for kind words, Hygge!

Below is from a short series taken while I was in Kittredge. I’ll be heading back there in a couple of days. Fortunately, things are looking up for my sis — as will I be, keeping an eye on those Colorado clouds.

IMG_3336_ShadowPlayShadowPlay

hygge
    Participant

On BBC TV Weather

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weatherwatchers/report/e2c0d141-6534-48d9-b349-0aa1dd5e8f72/

Not that far from me, but I am still having to water a few new plants in the garden.

Michael
    Michael
    Participant

Arizona Cloudscape#301

april2218b2313

Michael
    Michael
    Participant

Arizona Cloudscape#302

jan1419b1663

Michael
    Michael
    Participant

Arizona Cloudscape #303

sept3018b5506

Keelin
    Keelin
    Participant

Warm greetings to all from Colorado, where looking up definitely helps keep me from feeling down while continuing to care-take an ailing sister. It may be just my imagination, but clouds seem to dance a quicker jig across the sky here. They also feel much closer at this Rock Mountain high elevation of 6850′.

As with my previous visit to this tiny town of Kittredge, I’ve had little time to share cloud photos, but have been taking moments whenever possible to savor the images posted to the forum and CAS gallery. Many thanks to all for the spirit refreshers.

IMG_4070_Cloudscape

breathing in the sky

taking care while care-taking

energies restored

Hans Stocker
    Hans Stocker
    Participant

I am happy to see posts by you again Keelin. You composed a lovely haiku underneath a wonderful picture. Love it. You make your refreshers yourself I should say. Your sister must be very happy with you and I hope she is able to enjoy the clouds herself too to refresh her spirits likewise.

2018-10 Wolken_0061-3

Some clouds seem to unload lots of their energy over mankind. May this energy land on the right place in Kittredge.

Keelin
    Keelin
    Participant

Thank you so much for kind words, Hans, and for your remarkable image above.

Still here…

Gently Held In PlaceGently Held In Place

Hans Stocker
    Hans Stocker
    Participant

2019-05 Wolken_0016-3

You’re Welcome

Michael
    Michael
    Participant

Arizona Cloudscape #304

may1417b3357

Keelin
    Keelin
    Participant

Love You’re Welcome, Hans, beautifully captured. And Michael, #304 looks still to be in motion!

Another image from Colorado below…

Light Rain

Weathered Sky

hygge
    Participant

Photo Gallery

Hans, turning to the 1JUN2019 calendar page I see you have a vista too from a nearby field*. Everyone should have one, but especially Clouspotters – it is uplifting. For once I have observed something similar to a Forum image – undulatus was the trigger for my joining CAS; for twice I was at Hillier Gardens but had forgotten to take the camera.

* Your picture link is in this post but does not seem to be displayed by CAS.

Hans Stocker
    Hans Stocker
    Participant

Thanks Hygge. You are lucky being near Hillier Garden for vista’s. and yes I am also lucky with a place nearby were the view is not hindered by houses and other obstacles. And when I turn around on the spot were I took the picture that is now on the calendar I saw this:

2018-06 Wolken_0147-2

A quite unique place in the middle of Haarlem (or almost the middle) with the smallest polder of the Netherlands with Dutch windmill and cows underneath an undulated sky.

Remember to always take your camera with you!

hygge
    Participant

N.B.  I am having to use F5 in Windows 10 several times this evening to stay logged in.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/turner-s-lost-lake-district-view-from-brackenthwaite-hows-open-to-all-3lgfqggqc

Turner vista.

(The Times, UK, must be blushing at the lower case ‘h’ in Hows in their title; I guess there are no sub-editors to correct such typos these days and Google algorithms are not yet up to it. Are your fingers crossed for AI, I wonder.)

Hans Stocker
    Hans Stocker
    Participant

2019-06 Wolken_0026-2

Taken at yesterday’s Asperitas event over here. A strange edge is there above the horizon.

hygge
      Participant

F5 in Windows 10 needed again. If you mean that linear feature just above the lights, Hans, I don’t find that strange – saw something similar late afternoon today, interesting but not remarkable.

Impressive asperitas and noctilucent.

Michael
    Michael
    Participant

Arizona Cloudscape#305april2218b2293b

Keelin
    Keelin
    Participant

Interesting layers in your image, Hans, and a nice fallstreak framing in Michael’s above. Below is from a gathering in Colorado.

IMG_4386_Gathered

Hans Stocker
    Hans Stocker
    Participant

I see above the fallstreak in #305 thehead of a dog, a labradot to be specific. Anyway a nice composition. As is the one from the gathering in Colorado by Keelin.

Here is one taken with the cloudspotter app at the former asperitas event.

IMG_6121-2

Keelin
    Keelin
    Participant

So perfectly balanced, Hans. Love the juxtaposition of that single, centered tree with the multitude of dominating cloudlets above it. What an amazing Asperitas event you witnessed there.

IMG_2188_Feather & FluffFeather And Fluff

Michael
    Michael
    Participant

Nice contrasts in textures!

Arizona Cloudscape #306

jan3119b2061Und

Keelin
    Keelin
    Participant

Thanks, Michael. In your image above, the rippled texture and translucent blue remind me of glassworks I’ve seen in art galleries where the artist has tried to mimic clouds and sky. Your cloudscape here is exquisite.

IMG_4654_Soft Summer CirrusSoft Summer Cirrus

Michael
    Michael
    Participant

Thank You Keelin! When I saw the undulatus and put a camera on them I was excited about the lighting, contrasts and structures. It all seemed to fall in place. That was a fun time with mother nature. Your grand sweeping Virga pay tribute to Mother Nature as well!

Arizona Cloudscape#308

may2917b3533

Hans Stocker
    Hans Stocker
    Participant

Ah, very nice Keelin and Michael your virga impressions. And I can’t help that I see this lovely hedgehog in Feather And Fluff. Great movement in #306 Michael. Love them all!

2019-07 Wolken_0007-2
    Neurotic Neurons

Keelin
    Keelin
    Participant

The sky looks even softer in your #308, Michael. Love the feel of it and the subtle colors.

And danke je for kind comments, Hans. As to your most recent here, Neurotic Neurons is a most fitting title and possibly a match for my state when I see certain cloud formations. It then takes a breath or two to calm down.

IMG_4706_BecalmedBecalmed

Hans Stocker
    Hans Stocker
    Participant

There is this soft sway in Becalmed Keelin. You can see it eases the neurons indeed!

2019-07 Wolken_0006-2

Neurons At Ease

hygge
    Participant

[Needed F5 again]

A different vista from Hillier Gardens, Centennial Border looking roughly NWDSC_0045

Michael
    Michael
    Participant

Arizona Cloudscape#309

nov2016b8483

Hans Stocker
    Hans Stocker
    Participant

2019-07 Wolken_0053-2

Foamscape

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.