Community Pages

Please accept our new Terms & Conditions before contributing to our Community Pages. Any content you contribute will be publicly visible. We expect contributors to show respect, courtesy and an appreciation of the atmosphere we all share.

Filter Photos:

You have selected:

Main Cloud Types

Other Clouds

Optical Effects

Miscellaneous

Cloudscapes Vol. V

Cloudscapes Vol. V

Forums The Cloud Forum Cloudscapes Vol. V

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      Michael Lerch avatarMichael
      Participant

Keelin brought us to 100 posts in Vol4 with a photo of a doggie in the window. Be sure to check it and all of the photos out!

Allow me to kick off Vol5 with a photo taken at a nearby park;

Arizona Cloudscape#501

mar2320b8788B

Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
      Participant

I cant think of a better start of a new volume for cloudscapes Michael than your Arizona Cloudscape #501. Great composition of different kind of undulations that are also perfectly interfering in the middle.

‘The last one of Volume IV by Keelin is the funny Blue Dog Window. I advise to check that one before going any further.

2021-01 Wolken (31)-1

Any Size And Length

Ruth Quist avatarRUTH QUIST
      Participant

Michael and Hans,  beautiful photos of some happy clouds going all sort of directions.P1070252 (2)Wispy Creature

Participant

Thanks Ruth!.Nice Cloud Caterpillar!

Arizona Cloudscape#502

sept0418b5115

Participant

Quite a peculiar cloudscape Michael in #502. An intriguing one indeed!

I have a question for you for some time already – a question that Keelin already answered (unfortunately with a no) – and it it is whether you feel like joining a group in the community. I have noticed there are two groups for Arizona, one for Phoenix and one for Northern. I have noticed that after the introduction of the communities the activity on the Forum also increased. I am joining both with pleasure  and I am just curious. I hope you don’t mind my curiosity.

2021-01 Wolken (49)-1

Freescape

Patricia L Keelin avatarKeelin
      Participant

A splendid start to Volume V, Michael, and a good reminder that this topic is likely to go in unrestrained directions, as Hans offers fine evidence with Any Size And Length.

Ruth, your Wispy Creature looks like it’s tickling the sky. Is that a giggle I hear?

And Hans, just to clarify in case there was any misunderstanding, I do wish I could have answered yes to the invitation. Alas, as it is, I can barely keep up with the forum. That said, however, and prompted by your note above to Michael, I just took a look at the Cloudspotter group for Holland and found many more photos by you and others that I am delighted to see! I must try to check these more often. I do hope others will join us here on the forum topics as well.

Love the Freescale above! Below, a faint halo shines through cool skies.

IMG_8269_Frosty MorningFrosty Morning

Participant

Hans, nice smooth sailing in your Freescape.  I love seeing birds in a photo.

Keelin, interesting in that looking at your Frosty Morning I start to see more pinks.P1070272 (2)The Big Stretch

Participant

Ruth, your Big Stretch just plain feels good!

IMG_8918_One-Note Song With Wall Of SoundOne-Note Song With Wall Of Sound

Participant

Nice one Keelin!  Quite the Big Sky Ruth! Hans your freescape fills the bill. Yes I’ve been aware of the  Communities Hans.  Im just not in the position at the moment to be of any involvement. Perhaps in the future . It could happen.

Arizona Cloudscape#503

may0716b5173

Participant

P1070271 (2)As Far As The Eye Can See

Participant

Thanks Michael for answering my question and non-intended Keelin too. Here we are on the good old Forum and I love it. Like I said, I was just curious.

New between the cloudscapes in this thread is the soundscape Keelin posted: One Note Wall Of Sound, a great funny find and ingenious too. The creativity on the Forum is always surprising.

2021-01 Wolken (64)-1

High And low

Participant

Thanks, Michael and Hans for kind words, and more wonders above. Ruth has the perfect perspective. And you’re so right, Hans. This forum never fails to amaze and amuse. Just never know what will swim by, which is a great part of the fun.

IMG_8818_Surfriding JellyfishSurfriding Jellyfish

Participant

As everyone has expressed recently, these forums and its participants have made sharing pictures so entertaining and rewarding.  The humor is a bonus and all are welcome to join in the fun.P1070483 (2)   Room With A View

Gregory Venarsky avatarGregory Venarsky
      Participant

My goodness Ruth, your lenticularis give me nostalgia for when I was living in the PNW. And Keelin, I may have at first mistaken those vortices for K-H clouds but now see that itis just the tendrils of the jellyfish getting wrapped around in swirling patterns.

DSC_0537-min

Flooded Land and Sky

Participant

Tad wet there Gregory. Good shot! Reminds me of why I moved to Phoenix.

Arizona Cloudscape#504

june1020b9528Scape

Participant

2021-01 Wolken (191)-1

Message In A Bottle

Gregory Venarsky avatarGregory Venarsky
      Participant

Lovely picture Hans. The cumulus feel like letters on the scroll in the bottle. It is a bit wet here, Michael, but I don’t mind. Recently we’ve gotten quite a bit of snow. Here’s one of my favorites. It appears to have undulatus on the ground and cumulus in the sky.

DSC_0642

Cloudy, No Matter where you Stand

Participant

Ruth, Gregory, Michael, Hans, you’ve all been in the just right place at the just right moment. I would especially like to have been on that beach to check out the message, Hans. Might it have simply read, “Look up!”  It’s an extraordinary photo.

In the image below, it looks as if this tree has been tickling the sky.

IMG_9119_Cloud GigglesCloud Giggles

Participant

A Scape in B&W

Arizona Cloudscape#505

june1020a9490CumArt

Participant

Great action in A Scape in B&W, Michael. Almost coming out of the image there!

Below, the wind may have been blowing more than the clouds around…

IMG_9163_Moon AtiltMoon Atilt

Participant

Yes, great clouds in action Michael.  Keelin, love your Giggles and gallery photo yesterday.  They feel so refreshing.P1070056 (2)Deep Breath, Then Blow Out

Participant

I agree with Ruth, Keelin: I love your Giggles and the latest on the gallery as well. A marvelous shadow makes the difference in colors.

Deep Breath , Then Blow Out shows a great woolly sky, Ruth.

You spotted some great undulatus in the snow Gregory. Indeed Cloudy, No Matter where you Stand.

Michaels’s scape in B&W has a nice composition.  At the moment I thought that it suggests motion I suddenly saw this train coming. Love it.

2021-01 Wolken (44)-1
      Harmless Radiation

Participant

Hans,  what a powerful imagine you have gotten in Harmless.  A beauty.P1070464 (2)A Field Of Dreams

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.