Clouds-that-look-like-things Volume II

Clouds-that-look-like-things Volume II

Forums The Cloud Forum Clouds-that-look-like-things Volume II

Viewing 94 reply threads
  • Author
      Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
      Participant

Keelin ended the first thread for Clouds-that-look-like-things (started by Ramona with an elephant) with the ingenious Mouse Witch With Wand.

So the size of the creatures presented in the first volume of Clouds-that-look-like-things has considerably diminished, but evidently not the magical powers. Please watch out for the spells this mouse might cast around. The winds already betray unrest in the sky so watch the direction of the winds carefully. I hope the winds will carry a lot of new things that look like clouds (?).

2018-11 Wolken_0044-2

Weathercock

Patricia L Keelin avatarPatricia L Keelin
      Participant

Thank you for casting the first spell, Hans, with a clever and regal looking Weathercock pointing the way. May the magic and mischief continue in all directions.

IMG_1464__She Tired To Block The WindShe Tried To Block The Wind To Ease Her Feathered Friend’s Flight

Participant

Great vision and title Keelin. The feathered friends will be very pleased (as I  am), but the dogs started barking alarmed by so much pure magic in the air.

2018-11 Wolken_0036-3

Participant

Every morning, I read comments to the CAS forum (delivered via email) before viewing the images online. And I must tell you, Hans, I couldn’t help but start smiling in anticipation when I read about the dogs barking. While I’ve come to expect clever replies from you (especially on this Looks-Like topic), sometimes I just have to laugh out loud when the image appears. That pack of pups is so perfect — and beyond funny!

And now…

IMG_1071__The Chase Is OnThe Chase is On

Participant

Thank you very much Keelin for compliments. And thank you also for your own clever replies. They are all part of the fun in my opinion. I find a a great pleasure to check the forum every morning for new imaginative stories and lovely pictures.

And yes, The Chase Is On. I can see the dogs running and hunting. Guess who is about to be found? He has chosen the water again, supposedly to mislead the barking dogs.

2018-09 Charigny_0230-2

Billy Chooses To Flee Swimming

Participant

It’s reassuring to see Billy in such excellent form, Hans. And he should have no worries (despite his mischievous reputation). No doubt he has made several friends during his capricious crossings of the pond. Here is one who awaits a reunion.

IMG_1192_Just Ducky_croppedJust Ducky

Don Hatfield avatarDon Hatfield
      Participant

dHatfield_42854Many years ago, I had an aunt who lived in a very poor neighborhood here in Dallas, Texas. She had a houseful (around 30) of cats, each with their own name. And one dog, who she called “puppy dog”.

I finally found the spirit of that dog in the sky. Thanks for the memories “Auntie”.

Don

Participant

What a perfect pup to fetch the sweet memory of your auntie, Don. I wouldn’t be surprised if you found all 30 of her cats as well. It can be a veritable zoo up there.

Below, a cloud fellow contemplates the fate of a polar bear, as fragile in the heavens as it is here on earth.

IMG_1491_Polar Bear

Participant

For too long no thingies.

The puppie dog by Don is a marvelous tribute to his Auntie. And yes the sky can be a true zoo Keelin. Great polar bear you captured. Although fierce and powerful, unfortunately also fragile. I hope the climate-tide will turn in time for him.

Sometimes the animals hide so I am still looking for species.

2018-09 Charigny_0119-2

On My Flying Carpet

Participant

Looks like you’re in (or on) for a smooth ride, Hans! Can’t wait to see what you’ll see next. Meanwhile, I’ll be traveling via Dreamland Express. Funny how, since joining the CAS, I’ve become more aware of skyscapes in that other wondrous world as well.

IMG_1002_Just Need To Fluff Up My Cloud PillowJust Need To Fluff Up My Cloud Pillow

Participant

Same applies to me Keelin. And that is a nice pillow to rest our weary heads on.

2018-12 Wolken_0047-3

Thank you René, ceci n’est pas un pipe

Participant

Very clever and funny, Hans! I can imagine Monsieur Magritte might also have something to say about a certain moonlit portrait…

IMG_0473_Young BillyCeci n’est pas jeune Billy

Neil Cannon avatarNeil Cannon
      Participant

I can’t put my finger on why, but I don’t like the practice of comparing clouds to things, somehow demeans the clouds, anyway heres a dragon!!

8S1A6531

Participant

I understand your point Neils, but luckily it did not withhold you from posting this very nice dragon. Without the comparison with a dragon this is already a very fine picture and composition. Thinking about your point of view I accept every cloud as it is, but sometimes they try to disguise a bit and play with our fantasies.

I recently spotted this Sky Insect

2018-12 Wolken_0066-2

Participant

A warm welcome to the forum, Neil! And thank you for sharing your first posting with us here. I hope we see more from you too. As Hans noted, it is a splendid cloud photo regardless of paraidolic associations. To my eye, of course, there is an immediate and unmistakable resemblance to Puff the Magic Dragon, which only enhances my enjoyment of it. Some people seem to have an irresistable tendency to see the familiar in the vaguest of shapes. Perhaps it is an inherited trait? It can also be surprisingly amusing when the eye is drawn to a portion of cloud and suddenly something blooms in one’s mind or memory. Like Hans’s lively Sky Insect. Wherever might it be heading?

IMG_0969_One Might WonderOne Might Wonder

Participant

Well Keelin. I did wonder indeed, but eventually the face appeared and I thought how is it possible I had to look for it first. Very nice. And now he seems to be a friendly version of the violent white orc from the Lord Of The Rings. Or even a cloudy version of cubistic art! I hope pareidolia is harmless….

2018-05 Wolken_0251-2

Celestial Squid

Participant

Indeed, it is so, Hans. Sometimes it takes a few moments with eyes relaxed, and then, as you’ve noted, what is seen cannot be unseen. And yet, while the cloud is still in its sea of sky, it may morph into something else entirely. By the time your splendid Celestial Squid crosses the pond, who knows what will be seen…

IMG_0730_On Close ExaminationOn Close Examination

Participant

Yes Keelin, who knows what will be seen On Close Examination. Although pareidolia might not have to be stimulated ………

2018-11 Wolken_0109-2

Magic Mushroom?

Participant

Downright trippy, Hans!

While the caterpillar crawled down from his mushroom perch to chat with a nearby flower, Alice sought to make sense of his remarks and figure out what was what and which side was which.

IMG_0495_CaterpillarGo Ask Alice

Participant

Very nice Keelin. I really had to laugh about your reply. I wanted to ask Alice about like you suggested, but got stuck in the rabbit hole. I maybe had too much rarebit?

Participant

Well, I don’t know if Alice could give an explanation of this one, Hans…

IMG_0108_Is It Obtuse?Is It Obtuse?

Participant

I don´t know Keelin whether it is obtuse Keelin. I think Miro was there. Very nice.

Alice entered the year 2019 and the mad Hatter must have had a hand in next one.

2018-09 Charigny_0222-3

And The Mask Was Also There

Participant

Could it be The Mask gave him a fright? Why whatever is the matter, my dear Mad Hatter?

IMG_1797_Unhatted HatterUnhatted Hatter

Participant

The other way around, I should say. That’s a Unhatted Hatter that might give the Mask the fright, Keelin. Great capture, love it!

Participant

Thanks, Hans, and truth be told, Unheated Hatter is rotated 90˚ from original orientation — enough to make one’s own hat fall off, I dare say.

Participant

I’ve heard a rumor here in Napa that Goddess Diana was recently seen in the Valley of the Moon (as neighboring Sonoma is often called). She thought she might have left something behind and is now, of course, on the hunt, shall we say.

IMG_1816_Has Anyone Seen My Quiver?Has anyone seen my quiver?

PS: The cloud photo above is just as I saw it — really quite odd with nothing else like it anywhere else in the sky.

Don Hatfield avatarDon Hatfield
      Participant

DH_42854

Lots of lost stuff in the sky, Keelin –

I think Luke Skywalker lost his light saber over Dallas . . . .

Participant

Very spooky this hunting goddess Diana Keelin! I think she will be able to handle the saber sword Don captured with agility.

2018-10 Wolken_0048-2

New Found Deep Sea Species

Participant

Love your New Found Deep Sea Species, Hans. Mystical and magical! It think the creature below has been hoping to find a kindred spirit for quite some time.

IMG_1615_So Glad To Meet YouSo Glad To Meet You

Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
      Participant

This cirrus intortus is the January picture in the CAS 2019 Calendar. The spotter’s caption says ‘……The sky appeared to me as a wonderfully chaotic landscape full of imaginary creatures. What do you see?’

So, what does the Forum see, I wonder?

The Cloud Appreciation Society

A disguised, yet to be announced sports car, came to my mind, but that’s silly.

Participant

A fantastic capture of Cirrus intortus! What I cannot help but see is some kind of Serious Tortoise (sorry, couldn’t resist) walking along the shoreline, a windswept wave in the upper left and a sandy beach in the lower right. A splendid illustration of the evolutionary process with feathers sprouting along the back edge prompting the beginnings of a wide tail. The zippered compartment at his head and shoulders should offer an alternative to retreating into his shell. Not sure what purpose that horn will serve. Your guess is as good as mine at this point.

Really a remarkable sighting!

Participant

And really a remarkable analysis Keelin! No one can do this better than you did. Pareidolia at its best for sure. It is a joy to read what you see.

Participant

Meant to add this note of acknowledgement: The CAS January 2019 calendar photo was taken by Dave Groom (member 45,873), who wrote that he spotted it “on a particularly blustery day” over Worthing, Sussex, England. Thank you, Dave, for braving the wild winds and capturing such a splendid image! What creatures did you see? I imagine they continued to shape-shift during your walk along the coast.

Participant

Danke je, Hans! I also like Hygge’s vision of a concept car ~~ a wild ride that would be!

Now, for a smoother ride…

IMG_2490_Swan Ride

Participant

Now for a smoother ride, Keelin? I see an elegantly swimming swan. Love it! But … are you intending to take a ride on a swan?

I was looking for new candidates for this thread, but all I can find is an old one that looks like something but I don’t know what.

2016-09 France_0069 uitsnede c nv klein

A flying head accompanied by some small spaceships?

Participant

Well, I’m not completely sure about this, Hans, but the flying head might have been attached to a fleeing cloud creature from this side of the pond. And those spaceships would have come in handy! If this is what took place, I’m confident the escapee will regenerate. That beautiful iridescence holds so much promise.

IMG_0884_Gonna Get You!

Participant

Hans, I think it was you mentioned your fondness for pareidolia. I was intrigued to hear Dr Hannah Fry (q.v.) say the reason for it was the instinct to look at a pattern on the ground in case it warned of imminent danger.

P.S.  Keelin, Fry is a mathematician.

Participant

Haha Hygge, no danger will be unnoticed. Not on the ground nor in the sky! Keelin’s last post shows a strikingly well resembling pareidolic cloud-man watching for patterns around him in the sky.

Participant

Ah! I’d not heard of that reason for pattern seeking, nor of Dr. Hannah Fry, so thank you, Hygge. As Hans has oft noted: once seen, unseen cannot be! And the old adage comes now to mind that, at least at times, we see what we want to see. Happy Valentine’s Day to all!

IMG_2216_Love Is In The AirLove Is In The Air

Participant

That was a well timed heart in the sky Keelin. Love it.

2017-02-03 Semur_0069 uitsnede asr klein

Some Spectators Came To Find Out More About It….

Participant

Love the sense of reaching to explore and the beautiful color you’ve captured here, Hans. The Spectators appear eager. I hope they found what they were searching for before moving on.

IMG_2527_One Left A FootprintOne Left A Footprint

Participant

Truly subtle, but as you say, Hans, once seen…!

Aeolus RevealedAeolus Revealed

Participant

Ah! Thank you very much Keelin for revealing this mystery for me. I won´t  unsee Aeolus anymore indeed. Love the Footprint above too!

Next a cloudy portrait of

2018-09 Charigny_0118-2

Woody Woodpecker

Participant

You’re so welcome, Hans! Woody looks like a fast flyer there. Could he be heading to a feast on Fat Tuesday?

IMG_5431_Mardi Gras MaskMardi Gras Mask

Participant

For too long there were no thingies on this thread. Woody had his Mardi Gras, yes with Mask!,  and now other birds are there to participate the procession.

2019-04 Wolken_0006-2

Bathing Duck

Participant

Yes indeed, Hans, all are welcome to join the procession! While your Bathing Duck will have clean feathers, the parader below might prefer a mud bath. He was spotted just outside the window on my flight to Kittredge a couple of weeks ago.

DumboDumbo Flight

Participant

Apparently, some clouds just can’t resist being nosy, wandering and wondering…

who knowsWho Knows?

Participant

It must have been great to have Dumbo accompanying your flight Keelin! And an ingenious nosy cloud you spotted. I really had to laugh about it.

Participant

It was indeed a treat to find Dumbo casually flying alongside, Hans. I suspect he may have been looking for some of those peanuts the airlines hand out.

Another nice surprise appeared when I awoke one night here in Kittredge. It felt like quite the benevolent presence. Someone to watch over me?

Moon Griffen

Moonlit Griffin

Participant

Home again… :)

IMG_3251_You Are HereYou Are Here

Participant

Congratulations on your “moth-eaten” Cloud of the Day, Hans! Depending on how hungry one is while observing the image, it might also appear as a delicious cloud cannelloni. Yum! I imagine you will always remember where you were when you took this series, recalling now a similar one you shared with us on the B&W topic a couple of mo(n)ths back, which was also mesmerizing.

IMG_4410_What He Saw From The Window Held Him SpellboundWhat He Saw From The Window Held Him Spellbound

Participant

Thank you Keelin. And you have a good memory. Indeed I used one of the series moth eaten fingers in the Black & White Thread XIII.

I was some time away and without internet facilities except for what I can see on my phone. Every day surprises on the Forum! To begin with the surprises you posted in this thread. First a Moonlit Griffin and then You Are Here. You Are Here is brilliant. I had to think a bit at first sight ( I have to admit) but then the picture points it out itself. And I don´t need to look out of my window to get Spellbound watching your last one. Even more fantastic! It is also an enchanting composition. A bit creepy alien ready for battle, but his look in wonder softens it all. Love it!

2018-12 Wolken_0070-2

Backbone

Participant

Thank you, Hans! So delighted to know you enjoyed the recent testings of your pareidolia prowess. I can only imagine what kind of cloud creature that backbone you found might belong to. It is worthy of something fantastical.

And who’s to say from whence came the tooth below? I suppose it matters not to the Tooth Fairy who will still offer some reward. Let’s just hope another will grow in its place.

IMG_0033_A Visit From The ToothfairyA Visit From The Tooth Fairy

Participant

Your capture of the Tooth Fairy tells a true fairytale Keelin. We can watch her doing her good works. And although the Tooth Fairy does not matter to whom the tooth belonged, I think I found the creature that might have lost one of his or hers teeth and it might also be the one that is related to the species of which I found the backbone……

2019-06 Charigny_0137-2

A Friendly Dragon

Participant

Your Friendly Dragon is adorable, Hans! How do you suppose such a magical creature might lose a tooth? Could it be the result of biting down on an unpopped cloud corn kernel? There were a few amongst what dotted the sky on my flight home from Colorado.

If you look in the upper right corner, you might see an anteater, perhaps hoping to try a tasty new treat. He may also have been hoping the wee elephant in the mid-ground wouldn’t toss it all in his trunk.

IMG_4394_Sky SnackersCloud Snackers

Participant

Ha, great Cloud Snackers this anteater and wee elephant, Keelin!

And congrats with you CHA on the gallery. I love those bright colors in the sky.

Participant

Danke je, Hans! And look who I found just yesterday while combing through a cache of cloud photos here. ’Tis another wee character who could be related to your Friendly Dragon. If so, he or she is to be commended for bravery, having crossed the pond at such an apparently young age.

IMG_2846_Wee Friendly DragonWee Friendly Dragon

Participant

Remember that alien fellow (six images up) who appeared riveted by whatever he was seeing outside his window? Apparently, that wasn’t the end of the story.

…and then he phoned his friend.

IMG_2989_Hello?Hello?

Davy Thwaites avatarDavy Thwaites
      Participant

Unicorn over the car park at Apple European HQ, Cork City.

3F3FD9AA-D017-41CD-A89B-18A8DD6AE5592B06AC97-0D58-44AD-A826-C59AA372F7AB

Participant

Great capture Davy! Your unicorn is prancing. Thanks for sharing.

Keelin, your alien fellow is ingenious. The story asks for a follow-up, which I don’t have (yet) unfortunately. I will search the sky.

Participant

Thanks for sharing the magical moment of a unicorn spotting, Davy. They are a rare breed indeed.

And Hans, I have no doubt the aliens will be seeking you out to continue their story. They are an adventurous lot and I suspect will have no trouble spotting you across the pond.

Meanwhile, the image below tells a different story…

IMG_4787_Polar Bear Coming Up For AirPolar Bear Coming Up For Air

Participant

A fantastic swimming Polar Bear Keelin. Some breath is needed being already endangered.

I will watch the sky for our alien fellow …

2019-07 Wolken_0028-2

An Open eye

Participant

And they will be watching you! IMG_4667_Halo Eye

Participant

Meanwhile, an even bigger breath is being sought as hope for a better future goes out to all endangered.

IMG_2970_Beneath The FloeBeneath The Floe

Participant

For sure Keelin.

Beneath The Floe is just what is says. Great image.

Participant

Who would have guessed the summer sky would hold a County Fair?

IMG_3935_Cloud Eating ContestCompetitors In The Cloud Eating Contest

Participant

IMG_4848_Impressionistic SwanImpressionistic Swan

Participant

An elegant swan indeed Keelin.

Did you hear what happened yesterday dear neighbor?

2018-09 Charigny_0098-2

Or Is It Just Gossip?

Participant

Hilarious, Hans! No doubt there’s a colorful cloud story to be told. I can’t wait to hear what you heard with your ear tuned to the sky.

IMG_3933_How Rumors SpreadHow Rumors Spread

Participant

I am not sure I see what you intended Keelin, but I perceive the features of Bugs Bunny hurrying to go tell anyone who wants to listen. A story about telling stories. Very funny.

Participant

And now I see the Bugs you’ve conjured with your keen eyes, Hans! But earlier, I think it was the head shapes in your gossipers that set my pareidolia hopping in a different direction. Admittedly a bit obscure, but as you know, once seen (or heard?)…

IMG_3933_How Rumors Spread_revealed…And Then…

Participant

Fantastic Keelin!. There are so many shapes to give shape in one’s mind. Love it!

Participant

Thanks, Hans. Indeed, cloudspotting seems to have a way of untethering the mind in the most delightful and surprising ways. Trippy even!

IMG_2504_Woodstock at 50?Woodstock at 50?

Participant

Is your “Woodstock at 50?” another attempt to undermine my mind Keelin? I just succeeded to survive mentally your explanation of “…And Then”. I would not have found it, but now it is seen crystal clear, so …

2018-06 Charigny_0218-2

A Grin In The Sky

Participant

That ragged toothy Grin is giving me a giggle, Hans. Love it!

As for Woodstock at 50, there’s a mind leap of word play required for that one. Here’s a hint: Although it’s hard to image a cartoon character aging, even Peanuts grow old at some point. I imagine you’ll enjoy the sky-wide grin of an aha! moment in a moment, but let me know if I should I post a reveal.

Meanwhile, a different bit of mischief below with a puppy and (what’s left of) a pillow.

IMG_3552_Fido Frees The FeathersFido Frees The Feathers

Participant

You are right Keelin. My aha moment about “Woodstock at 50” caused more than a sky-wide grin on my face. No reveal necessary. It is hilarious.

And so is Fido Frees The Feathers. Ingenious title it is. I never thought of feathers wanting to be freed but a dog is needed to make me realize that cushions are mere prisons for feathers. I can see it happen in front of me having a puppy of about 9 months now. Love it!

By the way: have you seen the sitting dog on the painting by Fred Kenyon ( now published on the home page)? Would he have realized this painted cloud looks like a dog?

I am so sorry having two candidates on my camera ready for this thread, but not being able to upload them to my laptop after a recent Windows update. The Canon Eos Utility which I use to upload pictures from the camera is not recognized anymore by Windows. Stupid update! I can’t find a quick clue for solving this. I have to sort this out three weeks later when I am back from some vacation without internet facilities except for my phone. 

Michael Lerch avatarMichael Lerch
      Participant

Hans..I had the same rude awakening happen to me when I updated to Apple’s Sierra OS..Two things…It looks like  they( Apple/Microsoft et al) are pushing everyone into using a , or their “Cloud” for processing. I found that I can still use Apples ” Image” to download off the camera instead of Canon’s EOS..The downside is Apples ” Image” Processing ,,I have to do manually what Canon’s EOS did automatically, ie,,create a folder with todays date and put the download into that folder…AND The apparent holding capacity of Seirra’s “Pictures” is limited before it starts affecting file creation speed. Im not happy with it but its all i got. Once downloaded tho..I use Adobe’s Lightroom which is in My computer not in their “cloud”. I can’t say for 100% sure but it appears like they are no longer supporting  photo processing in  your computer and are trying to get  folks to use ” cloud “, for a price of course, offering unlimited storage  and a kind of marketing that lets a few or everyone see your albums and pics and..for a fee of course.

The other issue, probably more realistic,unfortunately,,,There was a story or rumor a year or so ago that Canon tried being Boss/Owner  and thus tried to dictate to Apple/MicroSoft  rights and privileges concerning their EOS software.( for a fee ).and it looks like Apple/Microsoft said, No, thats not how its gonna be… A and M weren’t going to be bossed around by Canon..So now we get to join Canon’s ” Cloud” for a fee ( I think)  as an option.

Another option is find and download your previous operating system that accepted and is compatible with Canon EOS.

Participant

Michael, I have met separately two semi-professional photographers in Hillier Gardens. When I suggested they put any of their wildlife pictures on my iNaturalist project they each said they refuse to use the web for fear of their pictures being stolen….

Participant

Sorry to hear about downloading woes, and thanks to you both for warnings. I’m an absolute snail when it comes to upgrading systems and programs as so often they come with disruptive surprises. Hope the problem resolves quickly for you, Hans, and you have an enjoyable vacation in the meantime.

And yes, indeed, it’s hard to miss the cloud dog in Kenyon’s painting, and can’t imagine it would go unnoticed by the artist himself. As for puppy mischief, funny how they can look perfectly innocent even when evidence is stuck to their fur.

IMG_1480_Fido After the FactFido After the Fact, A Portrait In Feathers

Participant

Great Fido Keelin. You can see he was quite excited about his fight with the feathers.

And many thanks Michael for good advise and background info. After all I found some time today to roll back the last update successfully and the Eos Utility worked fine again. So I have the picture I wanted to post here and it fits in perfectly. It is not Fido but our own puppy named Flo. We will be off for three weeks but …

2019-08 Wolken_0019 asr klein_bewerkt-1

Flo Joins Us

Participant

Hope you all have a fun vacation, Hans, and frisky Flo finds something not-too-precious to free along the way. IMG_1382_Another Day Another PillowAnother Day, Another Pillow!

Participant

One might wonder…

IMG_0081_How Tall Is A Cloud Goose?How Tall IS a Cloud Goose?

Participant

Haha, the goose is being measured! Someone must know the answer by now Keelin.

Have you ever seen an unfriendly cloud? Well I just met one.

2019-08 Wolken_0021-2

Don’t You Dare To Picture Me!

Participant

A plane can leave a contrail. But this one does not because it is made of cloud itself.

2019-09 Charigny (115)-2

Jet-fighter At Sunset

Participant

As usual, Hans, your title Don’t You Dare… had me grinning in anticipation before I found the image on the forum. Very funny! As for your sleek jet above, I think I’ve taken a ride on it into the world of story-inspiring cloud scenes. At least to my eye, the image below seemed to tell this one…

IMG_5183_Done With The Wind

A creature with the head of a small ram is having a Very Big Hair Day. A petite cloud girl has stopped by to ask: Who does your magnificent do? Feeling complimented, he thanks her warmly and admits: I see my stylist friend every day or so.

Then he begins to show her a copy of DONE WITH THE WIND written by that very friend, who turns out to be none other than the famous cloud coiffurist Aeolus! She is impressed and considers making an appointment with him.

But in the next moment, just as the book is cracked open, a very strong breeze flies out. Her own hair takes on a whole new look. Fortunately, there is a sock puppet on the end of his outstretched arm ready to catch her should she be totally blown away.

Participant

Absolutely ingenious Keelin. You defined a new category of Clouds-that-look-like-stories and you read them so perfectly. Also very funny and I love it.

Next one must be the dragon in some tale but I don’t know how to fit this fiery beast in your gentle story. Maybe he just peacefully listened to you while heating up the air a bit without any purpose.

2019-09 Charigny (79)-2
      A Careful But Still Fiery Yawn Of A Listening Dragon From Some Different Tale

Participant

Delighted to know you enjoyed the whimsical Wind tale, Hans. And who knows what may follow in the tailwind? Always room for Dragons, of course!

Below, a trio of myth-tical creatures, two of whom made their first appearance in the B&W thread awhile back. They may each have a story to tell, especially that last one. And no doubt your impressive fellow above would be most welcome to join in their fiery fun.

IMG_1470_All Fired Up

Cloud Dragon_Santa Fe

IMG_0175_BW_Night Passage

Participant

IMG_5264_For You_White FlowerFor You

Participant

IMG_5408_MouserMouser

Participant

IMG_6595_MouseyMousey

Participant

Ah, I can recognize the myth-tical story telling creatures from former threads, Keelin. A warm welcome  back for them I must say. The flower (am I right?) on ‘For You’ then after is very kind and gentle. And now some smaller creatures crawl out their holes to listen what the stories are all about. I seem to have found proof that there are even distant civilizations that show interest (what I can understand well). Here there are two of them discussing whatever things they have to discuss on top of their unidentified vehicle.

2019-10 Charigny (148)-2

Close Encounters Of A Story Telling Kind

Participant

It is indeed, Hans, a long-stemmed flower—of the cloud kind. ;)  The sky is very generous with such gifts, n’est-ce pas?

I love the animated gestures in your creature duo there. What do you imagine might be the source of that mysterious shadow in the foreground? Someone listening in, perhaps? Having not been within hearing distance of the story shared, the hatted fellow below asked a passerby…

IMG_9244_What's the Buzz?What’s the Buzz?

Participant

A stylishly-hatted woman, carrying a loose bundle of reeds, was also curious to know what was being discussed.

IMG_0515_Stylishly-Hatted Woman

Participant

Haha, so many interested figures Keelin and to me it seems they  always are hatted somehow? Come close and I will tell all.

2019-05 Wolken_0036-2

Read My Lips

Participant

Well, I knew whatever image accompanied your response would be hilarious, Hans. So funny!!

Below, more lips (though not quite as close up!) show a cloud fellow who appears to be breathing out in an attempt to warm his cirrocumulus fingers.

IMG_5022_Warming His HandsWarming His Hands

Participant

That is a really wonderful capture Keelin. A mysterious hand warming figure looking into the lens. Love it.

IMG_2581-2

A Large Tree Nibbling Squirrel.

Participant

Thank you, Hans. I hope you are keeping warm over there too. As for your squirrel, he must be happy to have such a bounty to nibble upon. And it looks to me like someone above is watching out for him. Or maybe that fellow with the long neck and big ears is on guard for a nibbler of a different sort?

IMG_5439_The Cloud MuncherThe Cloud Cloud Muncher

Participant

Very funny Keelin, this Cloud Cloud Muncher. Meanwhile I found another over here breathing out to warm his or her hands.

2018-10 Wolken_0006-2

Participant

That looks to be the magical breath of a cool prestidigitator, Hans! Marvelous! 

This next one brings us to The Tail End (pun waggily intended) of Volume II. Curious to see Who and What will show up in Volume III. Whatever this creature was, others couldn’t be far behind.

IMG_5557_The Tail End

Viewing 94 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.