Cloud Records by Ling

Cloud Records by Ling

Forums The Cloud Forum Cloud Records by Ling

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Liangjun Ling avatarLiangjun Ling
      Participant

Hi,I’am from China.This is my first time to share the clouds.This photo was taken in August 2016,located in my hometown——Anhui Province,China.

Thank you for attention,and so glad to join your guys!

Ling微信图片_20191012081101

George Preoteasa avatarGeorge Preoteasa
      Participant

Welcome! A layer of altocumulus with a sharp cut-off over the mountains. Very nice!

Patricia L Keelin avatarPatricia L Keelin
      Participant

You’ve captured the sweet sense of serenity, Ling. Thank you for sharing this! A warm welcome to the forum and hope to see more from you.

Participant

Thank you so much,I want to learn more from you!

Laurence Green avatarLaurence Green
      Participant

I certainly go with the two previous comments.

Ling, thanks for your sharing of the photo – I like it much.

Welcome to the Cloud Appreciation Society!  Warmly so.

Best wishes and hope to see more lovely photos from you.

Laurence

Participant

Thank you Laurence!Best wishes to you too!

Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
      Participant

Welcome, Ling – you have an intriguing profile picture, at a quick glance a matador with cape, or perhaps a cowboy, great clouds in front of the sun, but then plumes of smoke on the left?

Checking Wikipedia I read ‘Anhui is an eastern Chinese province known for its Huangshan Mountains. Their low-hanging clouds,…’ So perhaps your clouds are started by the mountains, a slightly different point from George’s ‘sharp cut-off”.

Also your clouds have a hint of undulatus about them – from the ICA in the third permanent topic at the start of this forum

https://cloudatlas.wmo.int/varieties-altostratus-undulatus-as-un.html

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Howard Brown avatarhygge.
        Participant

I am so happy that finally someone noticed my profile picture!This cool guy named Roland,who is a  character in<Dark Tower>writed by Stephen Edwin King.He is the last Gunslinger in the world and has his own mission.Obviously I like him very much!

And yes my hometown is near by the famous Huangshan Mountains.And you know how,one of the most famous view of Huangshan called ‘Sea of Clouds’!You must come and see it if have a chance!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.