cloud app photos

cloud app photos

Forums The Cloud Forum cloud app photos

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Jim Hamilton avatarJim Hamilton
      Participant

Hello everyone

On the cloud app, where we send in clouds for identification, on the little blue banner where the stars are,is it for different clouds of the same group?, so its 5 different Cumulus clouds?, or just 5 pictures of the same cloud?. I know im being thick, but ive just done 12hour nights, and im just up, and im looking at the best Cumulus ever. Hope evryone has a good day. Thankyou.

Jim, when you first have your spotting of a cloud type verified as correct, you receive the stars that that type of cloud is worth. This depends on the rarity of the cloud. The common ones are only worth only one or two stars, while the rare clouds are worth five. once you have had an example of that type of cloud verified, subsequent spottings of the same type don’t earn you any more stars. You’ve received them for that type of cloud and that’s it. We don’t want users to get lots of points just by spotting the same cloud type over and over. The rewards are for learning all the different types.
      Hope that helps clarify things!

By the way, why not use one of your Cumulus photos as your profile picture? You can set your profile pic by clicking on your name on this page and and then going to Profile > Change Profile Photo.

Jim Hamilton avatarJim Hamilton
      Participant

Thanks Gavin. I will wait for the youngest to get back from school to do that for me!

Geoff Beetles avatarGeoff Beetles
      Participant

Just a question about the Three’s a Cloud and Ever Vigilant badges on the cloud spotting app.
      Do the three or seven qualifying spots have to be for clouds/effects not previously spotted? Or can they be new photos within the time period of clouds already in your collection?

(I feel faintly daft for worrying about such things at age 65, but I don’t much care… In fact I don’t care at all.)

Geoff, you don’t need to be spotting new clouds to get those badges. All the spottings can be of cloud types that you’ve collected before. The only important thing is that they are verified as correct by our moderators. So good to go for safe one if you are aiming to get these. By the way, there can sometimes be an issue for badges with timezones for users in countries far from Europe. It is all about the server incorrectly judging when one day ends and another starts. Sometimes, we have to correct things manually. This won’t, of course, apply in your case.
        (You are quite right that it is daft to be worrying about these things, aged 65 – and there’s nothing wrong with that!)

Geoff Beetles avatarGeoff Beetles
      Participant

Thanks – I can now plot my tactics!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.