Christmas greetings

Christmas greetings

Forums The Cloud Forum Christmas greetings

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Gini Wells avatarGini Wells
      Participant

Wishing all my Cloud Forum friends a happy and peaceful Christmas and a joy- and cloud-filled 2016. I wonder what our January 1st skies will look like this year – I’m looking forward to finding out……

CHRISTMAS CHEER TO YOU ALL!

Michael Lerch avatarMichael Lerch
      Participant

Merry Christmas!, Happy Holidays! Season’s Greeting! and a Happy and Joyous New Years To You Gini and All Of Cloud Appreciation Society!

CHEERS!

Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
      Participant

This is an Andrew Kirk photo from the CAS Gallery. It was posted Christmas Day 2013 so seems suitable here:
      https://cloudappreciationsociety.org/gallery/photo-n-1534/

AK’s photo also appears as the January picture in the 2015 CAS Calendar with an interesting caption which mentions alpenglow. I have my 2016 version and have resisted the temptation to peek but have high expectations.

‘H’

Participant

Joseph Spence opened Late Junction on BBC Radio 3 tonight with Santa Claus is Coming to Town. But the links don’t work, at least yet (it is still live). You could google it for fun but don’t expect hi fi.

Participant

CHRISTMAS MOON

A full moon, the first for 38 years, and not again until 2034 (writes Paul Simons, The Times Dec22 2015). It rises 4.30pm (GMT I suppose, at Greenwich, longitude 0 degrees).

But the colour is an illusion – it is not particularly luminous and is actually a dull, dirty grey colour. A video explaining the illusion is at http://bit.ly/1RWdaK5 (but these type of links never work for me).

Two days before and after full, it is only half as bright. The larger appearance on the horizon is also an illusion.

Regardless – enjoy.

Peace and goodwill to all.

‘H’

P.S. I’ll be… That link works for me! It didn’t when I googled it. You live and learn.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.