Blue Moon – October 31, 2020 – early notice

Blue Moon – October 31, 2020 – early notice

Forums The Cloud Forum Blue Moon – October 31, 2020 – early notice

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Laurence Green avatarLaurence Green
      Participant

This October, the 1st and 31st will see two full moons.  The one occurring on the 31st will be a Blue Moon.

Info here:-  https://www.almanac.com/content/full-moon-october  –  contains also fascinating info about the connotations about our Moon and folklore.

Hopefully, the clouds will obey and give us full sight of a rare Blue Moon.

Laurence

Participant

Dear CAS Folks

Just a quick refreshing reminder that October, should see us set for a Blue Moon.  My previous post gives all the details but quickly, two full Moons occur on 1st and 31st October.

Laurence

Participant

31 October, 2020 – Blue Moon on Halloween Night – here is an update on the occurrence of two full Moons occurring in this month – October.

Nice bits of information here as contained in the BBC News science website.  Here is the easy link.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-54750668

Happy viewing, if not, somewhat spooky!

Laurence

Patricia L Keelin avatarPatricia L Keelin
      Participant

Thanks for you timely reminder, Laurence. There should be good viewing of the Blue Moon here as we have clear skies. Ready to howl in gratitude for clean, crisp air and the celestial show tonight. Happy All Hallow’s Eve to all.

Participant

Thanks, Keelin.  It is always nice to hear from you.

Unfortunately, as ever, the clouds here obliterated the Moon, planets or stars.

I often ponder and wonder this question – why is it when a celestial event occurs the clouds mysteriously move in to cover up and hide witness to a sometimes a once in a life time event?  Maybe it is a case of the fabled “Sods Law” which seems never to fail, much my to my annoyance and chagrin!  “Oh, dear!”.

Laurence

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.