Ambient drift

Ambient drift

Forums The Cloud Forum Ambient drift

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
      Participant

I just heard this term on the radio in a musical context and thought it would be a good title for a Forum thread. This may not be an original thought I find, after a quick Forum search. However, I think it is suitably suggestive more ‘hmm’ than ‘wow’. As so often I look to Andrew Kirk for inspiration

Photo Gallery

P.S.  Keelin, in my student days n-dimensional algebraic projective geometry was my bete noir. Not heard of it since….

‘H’    hygge

Patricia L Keelin avatarPatricia L Keelin
      Participant

Love the title of this new topic, Hygge ~ ~ Thanks for launching it! Perfectly fitting for some of favorite cloud formations. Below is one from my archives that left me swaying to some inner melody.

Thanks also for the term “n-dimensional algebraic projective geometry”. What a mouthful! Too big for my  nescient noggin, but I do love the sound of it. Next stop will be a google search to learn more about it.

IMG_2086_Mood MusicMood Music

Participant

Again I needed F5 (in Windows) to regain the Reply option. Keelin, you are In The Mood.

This by Andrew Kirk has remained in my memory.

Photo Gallery

There is one other alpenglow in the Gallery (which says alpengluhen with accents).

Participant

The winner is fine but scroll down half a dozen or so pictures to the horse rider on the beach for my favourite

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-47253184

Participant

18FEB2014 from my back garden
      010 (2)

Participant

Drifting across the sun this afternoon.DSC_0047DSC_0048

Patricia L Keelin avatarPatricia L Keelin
      Participant

Hygge, so delighted to see your images posted. In the two above, I can imagine the sweet contentment of just watching that slow drift take place.

IMG_2796_FeatheredDriftFeathered Drift

Participant

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-47310175

I recently said in the Cloudspotter Types thread that I didn’t see starlings much these days. but the answer must be they moved north to Yorkshire – global warming no doubt (I’d better add that’s a joke).

Participant

Cable car to the clouds

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0002vhp/the-real-marigold-on-tour-series-3-3-vietnam

‘Amazed by their spectacular new surroundings the group decide to end their time in Vietnam by scaling the summit of its highest mountain. After a terrifying cable car journey, the high altitude means not everyone makes it all the way to top. However, after a hectic stay in the city, the imposing mountain provides the perfect backdrop for the group to reflect on their dizzying time in Vietnam’

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.