Altocumulus Lacunosus

Altocumulus Lacunosus

Forums Cloud Identification Help Altocumulus Lacunosus

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Craig Loftus avatarCraig Loftus
      Participant

Altocumulus Lacunosus-2843Altocumulus Lacnosus-2842I sometimes take loads of images and don’t get round to viewing them for quite sometime. In this case a year as passed. These images where taken in the North Sea in Feb 2021 at sunrise. There are 10 seconds between the two images, one was at 55mm and the other at 22mm. Admittedly the 55mm is not as sharp as the wider shot. I have scoured the net to try and find any similar images to no avail. My assumption is that these are Altocumulus Lacunosus and i do recall that they did not last for long. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers all

Craig

• This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Craig Loftus avatarCraig Loftus.
      Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
      Participant

Craig, first of all these are great images of Ac at sunset. You posted your question already some time ago but I think you are right that you spotted Ac lacunosus. I must admit I had some doubts about the lacunosus at first sight, but when I checked the gallery for the combination of altocumulus and lacunosus I found some similar results.

Since you searched the net and did not found similar results I suppose you might not know how to do that on the gallery. When you go to the gallery you see in the menu just at the right of the search icon a square icon. That is the one to select on a cloud-type. Click on it and you will find a list of all the genera, species, accessory clouds, supplementary features, optical phenomena etc. You can click on one or more selection criteria and the result is a selection of images. When you try to do this you will find some similar results.

Craig Loftus avatarCraig Loftus
      Participant

Thank you Hans for the guide. I found that very useful and it’s allowed me already to rename a few more of my images.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.