You have been warned!

You have been warned!

Forums The Cloud Forum You have been warned!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Alexandra Browne avatarAlexandra Browne
      Participant

I’m sorry about this, but I have an alter ego: as an amateur astronomer! :D

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/misc/zarkov-cloud-gun.html

Alex

Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
      Participant

Alex, you have an expensive other hobby – did you already shoot your second ‘x’ off?
      Was this offer dated 1 April (the Ming dynasty ended 1644)?
      How many can not drink the rainwater and how do you tell them?
      How high the moon? (Or at least the cloud beneath).
      Not near an airport? You can not be serious, it perfectly complements the laser gun.

‘H’ (for Ho, Ho, Ho)

Participant

I had to read this a few times – still don’t get it! Yep, an expensive hobby, and getting more and more expensive!

Participant

Ah, so. Well not to worry Alex, I talk in riddles at times. But it also occurs to me that the hole in the cloud perhaps moves with the cloud? Could go some way in an hour, and with the moon moving as well…

So I am not impressed with the cloud-gun for astronomy; though I could see it working for moongazing on a still night for a few minutes. It might be nice for cloudspotting a higher etage on that still night – but I wonder how you might control the height of the hole; you would not want to shoot through the lower cloud and have a nice but invisible hole in the higher cloud.

Zarkov is probably a great lateral thinker.

Participant

Ha, ha, now you’re speaking my language. I suspect the gun could be waved around to clear a much larger hole!

Participant

Another Old Goggle Eyes?

In The ST Culture Mag 09.08.15 page 18, Waldemar Januszczak has a picture (which I can not find on-line) which is attributed to Emma Finn and presumably is from her film Double Mountain at the Edinburgh Festival. The picture is of spectacles on a face reflecting mountains (with clouds!).

http://www.edinburghartfestival.com/commissions/emma_finn/

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.