Vote for a cloud you might like – 10 photos – BBC Weather Watchers

Vote for a cloud you might like – 10 photos – BBC Weather Watchers

Forums The Cloud Forum Vote for a cloud you might like – 10 photos – BBC Weather Watchers

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Laurence Green avatarLaurence Green
      Participant

Here is an invitation from the BBC’s Weather Watchers website to cast a vote upon 10 very nice cloud photos featuring the summer season.

You do not need to be a BBC Weather Watcher  in order to cast a vote.  You are able to cast one vote only.

Voting started on 7 September and goes onto 13 September.  Result of the voting is scheduled to appear on the BBC’ Weather Watchers website on 15 September.

Here is the link to cast your vote:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/244G9m0H57l7BqXNJHND6Jg/pic-of-the-season-summer-2020

I would have posted this information much earlier but PC problems, now resolved (hopefully?!?) have prevented me.

Of the 10 photos I cast my vote for the 6th photo – the beautiful Cirrus.

Laurence

Patricia L Keelin avatarPatricia L Keelin
      Participant

Thank you, Laurence! Those are ten beautiful photographs. Alas, being outside the UK, I could not cast an official vote. Were I able, my choice would be the fogbow over the sea. The serenity and freshness of it is so appealing, especially these days with fires burning up the western states here. The sky has been a featureless, yellow-ash-grey for weeks now, deeply disquieting and disheartening. So grateful for all the firefighters who demonstrate bravery beyond words, and also for the generosity of CAS and its forum members whose sharing never fails to uplift the spirit!

Don Hatfield avatarDon Hatfield
      Participant

Laurence – Although I am partial to the cloudbow and the lightening/double rainbow, I would have to vote on the cap clouds photo. They are facinating to me, perhaps because, here in the flatland part of Texas, we don’t ever see anything like that.  Our skies are predominately featureless, and boring, clear blue skies.

Michael Lerch avatarMichael Lerch
      Participant

Laurence..Yes No1 , cap clouds , is my favorite shot.. the  most mysterious.,surreal.

Participant

Dear all

Thanks for your participation and I am glad my posting met with your gladness.  Must say, I found it quite difficult to select the one I liked.  That is what I like about voting for a cloud.  It teases one nicely.

Dear Keelin,  my thoughts – anxious at that – about the awful fires burning in your country, California and now Oregon, are with you.  I sincerely hope you are ok and all that you know and love.  The damage to trees, vegetation and wildlife really saddens me in the same way as oil spills occurring on our oceans.

Take care and keep safe!

Laurence

Patricia L Keelin avatarPatricia L Keelin
      Participant

Thank you, Laurence, for your kind and caring thoughts. Feeling so fortunate to be in a safe area and able to help others in need. I keep imagining how healthy and vibrant the earth, oceans and sky would be if we put our hearts and energies into protecting it. Seeing the beauty of clouds here on the CAS forum, the countless colors and infinite shapes they take on as they dance around the world we share, is a daily infusion of bright hope for a more peaceful planet and people.

cloud lovers we are
      mesmerized by their beauty
      always looking up

Participant

Dear all

The big vote – guess which photo took the first choice?

Here is the result, as promised, of the BBC Weather Watcher photo competition – released today (15 September).

Trumpets playing and big drums banging:-  “Dah-dah!!!”. !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/54146885

Must say, the winner almost got my vote but I voted for the Cirrus clouds which I have a loving for.  I thank you all for your participation.

Best wishes.

Laurence

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.