sometimes it looks like it was a fake

sometimes it looks like it was a fake

Forums The Cloud Forum sometimes it looks like it was a fake

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Maribel Dr. Illig avatarMaribel Dr. Illig
      Participant

hello fellow cloud lovers,

I just revamped my flickr (after years of not using it) as a backup for my cloudpics and I found this one again: morning sky

I took it five years ago (actually on my birthday :) ) in the morning on my way to work. the whole scene looked like a fake, so I had to stop my car and take some picture. the view was breathtaking and I’ve never seen anything like this again.

how about you? do you have cloud pictures that look like they were fakes? please share :)

Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
      Participant

I can see what you mean, Maribel. I flickred (not a correct word the system tells me but no matter) thru your album and muchly enjoyed it – it’s great to see someone appreciating their sky, and particularly the sky light. Thank you.

Participant

hello Hygge, I think “flickred” is a very good word :) thank you for taking a look at my pictures. I’m glad you liked them. do you share your pictures somewhere?

Participant

Well, the short answer is ‘no’, in fact I do not seem to have any pictures on this new forum, and but a few on the old one. I have two competent cameras but even if I take the odd snapshot I never seem to get round to uploading it to this forum. I only have experience of one other forum, a university forum in NW USA (it was in relation to a maple tree) and I thought that was much easier to use e.g. you did not have to worry about size, and could, I think, just link to the photo on your own computer.

It is much easier just to enjoy the experts like Mike Lerch (‘Michael’).

Michael Lerch avatarMichael Lerch
      Participant

Maribel..Yes I do have Sunset and Sunrise shots that are so over the top, they look fake. I Live in Phoenix Arizona. They made a Sun set/rise part of the State Flag. So there is a certain amount of pride with our set/rises. And with that comes the outrageous and gaudy,,which I kno from experience to be real, but the colors are just …gaudy. One can dial the saturation dowm during the processing of the pic. Or as I’ve been working on..go with the outrageous. Since the color is beyond the normal parameters,,then why not the perspective or construction of the shot be different? Being creative with the outrageous is what I Suggest. Below is photo of a sunset I took years ago. I tried to do a Rothko version of it.Imho the Sunset is almost gone and the abstraction has become real..CLOUDS!
      color

Participant

MikeL, you are right – so Rothko-like I can scarce believe it

James Morrison avatarJames Morrison
      Participant

Nice picture. Yes, Rothokos in person can come to life in a way that reminds me of watching clouds. I wonder if there’s any correlation between cloudspotters and people who like abstract art.

I took this picture last night. Couldn’t believe what I was seeing. The phone’s camera changed the natural colors a bit, but not by much.
      Sunset

Participant

Michael, James. wonderful pictures! thank you for sharing. the picture really looks like a Rothoko piece of art.

Participant

The basics are there,,just not in a realistic fashion..CLOUDS!
      sunset

Participant

Another Arizona Sunset I Stumbled Upon
      colour

Participant

yesterday’s sunrise

sunrise

Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
      Participant

I remembered this topic seeing this sunset lately….

2017-01-20 Luchten_0026 ns2 klein

Patricia L Keelin avatarPatricia L Keelin
      Participant

Just discovered this forum thread! Such colors I’ve mostly seen only in dreams. Below, Sunset Strip is sandwiched between sky and sea.

Sunset Strip

Participant

Yeaa ! Reality is such a Gas..Im liking the work!

Another Arizona Wild Sunset

feb1816b3055

Participant

What a fantastic Blues! These are certainly not the kind of blues the CAS tries to fight as part of “the blue-sky thinking”.

2011-09 Lot 013 uitsnede2 klein

A pink sky spotted at sunset in France

Patricia L Keelin avatarPatricia L Keelin
      Participant

Michael: I had to point my sister in Colorado to your image Another Arizona Wild Sunset. It looks like a river she would love to paddle through the dappled canyonlands she visits. And Hans: Your pink sky image transported me back to the warmth of the womb on this cool rainy day in California. To All: Thanks for continuing inspiration and delight!

Participant

Wow Hans, very Warm! So,,take some warm and some cool and you get..Unreal!

dec1215b1430

Participant

First Keelin’s Sunset Strip remembered me of a topic Hygge started about the perfect Blue of Yves Klein. It comes so very close! I was flabbergasted by that one.

Now Michael, you combine an ominous blue with the colors of the sunset. Surreally Cool.

Here is some solid gold.

2015-08-10 Zonsondergang_0009 uitsnede ns klein

Watch the B&W version on the Black and White Thread.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.