Short time lapse at sunset

Short time lapse at sunset

Forums The Cloud Forum Short time lapse at sunset

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      George Preoteasa avatarGeorge Preoteasa
      Participant

I thought the sky looked promising so I started this time lapse. The sunset did not turn out particularly striking, but I like in the beginning of the video how the clouds at different levels move in different directions while the lower ones also change color.

Hope you enjoy it.

Michael Lerch avatarMichael Lerch
      Participant

George..I enjoyed that a lot..Neat movement along with color shifts and crepuscular made for fun. Thanks for sharing.

Canon is pre releasing orders taking ,for their new 6D Markll. Its moving  taking abilities now includes Time Lapse…! My current 6D is showing its age. Along with a few other improvements, focus, increased resolution ( up to 26MB Cmos now) the built in Time lapse may be the tipping point for me .  Supposedly  will start shipping at end of July. I await a few more reviews..

Participant

Thank you Michael. I used a less sophisticated camera, my iPhone 6. iPhones have time lapse as a standard picture taking mode. The frequency is one shot per second. When done, it puts the movie together from individual shots by itself. So very convenient.

I recently bought a sony alpha 6300 and when I really learn how to use it I will try some time lapse using an intervalometer, which I also purchased. But not sure how to make the movie after that. I hope your future 6D has the smarts, as well as the capability to make the movie in the camera, so that you don’t have to download 30 or so pictures for every second of movie.

Also wondering if there is a difference in the quality of the pictures when they are intended for a movie. I suppose you need less resolution for movie frames. Which means less storage needed. But you would have to tell the camera ahead of time what resolution you want.

Please let me know what you learn, I am interested.

Patricia L Keelin avatarPatricia L Keelin
      Participant

Thank you, George! I’ve watched your lovely video several times now. There comes a point each time where it feels as if I’m actually flying through the clouds. No doubt the illusion is due to the different levels moving in different directions, but I do my best not to overthink and simply relax into the feeling. So thank you again for the free flight!

Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
      Participant

George, my laptop gave up on videos a year or more ago, but it is giving me your first ‘still’. I really enjoy it because it typifies many evening clouds we have had here in Hampshire, UK, during this hot summer.

I am guessing you are the George from NY (ex Romania) so it’s actually a NY scene. If so. did you catch the picture of Lower Manhattan ‘encased in a golden capsule as a rainbow appears before sunset after a ferocious two-hour thunderstorm hit New York’. It is by Jennifer Khordi/Caters and appeared in UK’s The Times June 23, 2017. I was unable to find it on-line.

Participant

Hygge, is this the Jennifer Khordi picture?Rainbow_over_lower_manhattan

Participant

Hygge, you blew my cover. Yes, that’s me. I live in Queens, a borough of NY City. I am about 6 miles east from the Empire State Building. I can see it from a slightly higher point in a park near me. Here is a shot with a 200mm lens. (Hope the link works.)

https://goo.gl/photos/TiJ2WBtgybv7G7Lp8

You gotta fix your computer to play videos. Time lapse is the next big thing :-)

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.