November's Cloud

November's Cloud

Forums The Cloud Forum November's Cloud

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Michael Lerch avatarMichael Lerch
      Participant

The little nodules of down draft from intermixing vortices of a contrail I took advantage of for decorative purposes.. Perhaps they help to add depth to the crowd watching the bonfire.?
      bw

Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
      Participant

Great picture. Very peculiar this watching crowd. Love it.

Photo Editor avatarPhoto Editor
      Keymaster

The mystery object zoomed from original photo…..

Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
      Participant

I think we have some crossed lines in this thread.

The Photo Editor’s #183186 mystery object seems to me to come from CAS’ Cloud Of The Month for November 2016. It does not seem to be related to this thread of Michael’s.

Would MikeL and the Photo Editor agree?

Michael Lerch avatarMichael Lerch
      Participant

hygge,,,there is a small overlap or congruence amongst this thread. November’s Cloud of the Month is basically the Vortices created by modern wingtips on jet airliners. These vorices create nodules or tuffs that became visible in the Cloud of the Month Photo,,protruding under a layer of stratus near an airport. Well, my B&W shot also has those incremental ” tuffs” or nodules spaced along the contrail..
      Ian just showed us that the mystery object wasn’t a ” tuff’,,unless theres a bird that is so named, a blue footed Tuff?? ..anyway, it was a bird not a vortice ona contrail. Funny thing is, Ive had so many birds fly into so many of my pics, when I saw the original photo I took it as a bird without much mystery. I am of firm belief that these digital cameras , SLRS at lest,,produce very high frequencies that beckon birds from afar.

Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
        Participant

Ah, so. Thank you for the nodule connection, Michael. Next time I use my posher camera I’ll keep an eye out for birds.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.