No idea

No idea

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Robert Pearson avatarRobert Pearson
      Participant

I have no idea what the lit clouds are. The appear to cross over each other at different angles. No jets there that I’ve ever seen and they don’t look like contrails anyway.0W0A7011 (2-2a)

Sarah Sturgis avatarSarah Sturgis
      Participant

I’m no expert, but I’m old and allowed to pretend I am. What an interesting topic.  If contrails are disallowed, what are those two lit clouds? The lighted clouds would need to be on two different layers, with different wind directions. On a third lit layer, far above, are some high, directional cirrus that seem unrelated to the linear clouds in question. A fourth layer, low and in the dark, shows wispy stratus. They seem unrelated as well.   I can’t think what those clouds might be accept contrails, which was my first impression.

Robert Pearson avatarRobert Pearson
      Participant

Barring other possibilities, contrails would seem to be the most likely, and their position might make them look differently than the usual contrails I see. While it’s highly unlikely it’s a commercial flight, it could be miitary, and militray jets do fly by sometimes. Unless someone comes up with another idea, that’s what I’ll go with for now. Thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.