New Years Day Clouds 2020

New Years Day Clouds 2020

Forums The Cloud Forum New Years Day Clouds 2020

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Photo Editor avatarPhoto Editor
      Keymaster

As in previous years it would be great to see images of clouds that appear around the world on New Years Day. Please feel free to post your 2020 submissions on the subject here. Hope you are all enjoying the festive season and I would like to wish you all a very happy, healthy, cloudy and prosperous New Year.

Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
      Participant

Thank you Ian. This post is just meant to keep your message on top of the forum to ensure as much new year’s day pictures as possible. May the clouds be with you.

Gregory Venarsky avatarGregory Venarsky
      Participant

I just want to keep this at the top as Hans did so kindly. Tomorrow is New Years Day so I hope we get many posts on this thread.

Best wishes,

Gregory V.

Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
      Participant

A happy new year to all.

Over here the start of this new cloud year is not quite spectacular with featureless fog.  Maybe it is good for contemplative moods, but we all know that fortunately different and more exciting clouds will follow.

2020-01-01 Mist IMG_2846
      A Foggy Start In The Netherlands

Photo Editor avatarPhoto Editor
      Keymaster

A very Happy New Year one and all…….It is a grey day over the Lincolnshire Wolds UK. ..Not too spectacular and quite featureless, but it is cloud cover, and we love it, and still prefer it to a blue sky..:+)..

01-01-20

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Photo Editor avatarPhoto Editor.
      Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
      Participant

Hants much the same as Lincs except for a mid morning half hour. First I went to the North because that conifer slightly to left of centre is now named Keats (q.v. in Forum). I was lucky to get this shot as my trusty Nikon DSLR refused to take any more pictures (too low a light???).

So then I went to the South. Happy New Year to one and all, and thanks to CAS.

DSC_0010DSC_0012

Michael Lerch avatarMichael Lerch
      Participant

Happy New Year To All!

I started taking pictures around 8am. I checked the satellite photos which suggested better clouds  where to come. So below  starts at  early morning ,then  afternoon, then late afternoon, ending with a shot at early dusk.

jan0120b7822

jan0120b7844

jan0120b7846

jan0120b7873

Patricia L Keelin avatarPatricia L Keelin
      Participant

A rather dull morning here as well, then the sky midday blossomed a bit, and end of day hosted a tiny sliver of moon. Wishing everyone a splendid New Year of clouds that delight and surprise us all!

IMG_5904_Midday_20200101

IMG_5950_Moon Sliver_20200101

Gregory Venarsky avatarGregory Venarsky
      Participant

A very beautiful start to the day here, but then it turned out to be a blue sky day. I live in South-eastern Washington State in the U.S. We had some Altocumulus Stratiformis here along with the Lenticularis type as well. Hope you all have a Happy 2020!

Best Wishes,

Gregory V.

IMG_20200101_095032110

George Preoteasa avatarGeorge Preoteasa
      Participant

Happy new year everyone! It was cloudy and windy in New York in the morning.  Stratocumulus clouds (as seen below over the Long Island Sound) slowly started opening up in the afternoon and eventually created conditions for a very nice sunset (which unfortunately I could not capture because I was driving).

IMG-4199

IMG-4204

Laurence Green avatarLaurence Green
      Participant

Greetings to all in the new decade!

Here is my wee bit late contribution to this fascinating thread of New Year’s clouds.

Yes, a bit late but here are some nice photos taken by BBC Weather Watcher members of clouds in late December.

Here they are – 9 photos to enjoy:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weatherwatchers/article/50945651/dazzling-sunsets-as-the-year-draws-to-an-end

Best wishes to all.

Laurence

Craig Stancliff avatarCraig Stancliff
      Participant

200101 End Of The Day
      End of the Day-New Years Day_1 Malibu, California

Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
      Participant

Cloud surfing in Malibu – so who’s a lucky guy.

Lovely picture; thanks for setting this Forum dreaming, Craig.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.