New Years Day Clouds 2016

New Years Day Clouds 2016

Forums The Cloud Forum New Years Day Clouds 2016

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Photo Editor avatarPhoto Editor
      Keymaster

As in previous years it would be good to see clouds that appear around the world on New Years Day. Please feel free to post your submissions on the subject here. Hope you are all enjoying the festive season and I would like to wish you all a very happy healthy and prosperous New Year.

Photo Editor avatarPhoto Editor
      Keymaster

Numerous shades of grey over Lincolnshire UK. Happy New Year everyone.

new years 2016

Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
      Participant

Mellow Yellow

Yellow warning for rain
      Valid 1800 on Fri 1 Jan 2016 to 1500 on Sun 3 Jan 2016
      An area of low pressure will bring spells of persistent and at times heavy rain through
      Friday and Saturday for SW England and S Wales before weakening.
      The above also applied earlier on 1JAN16. Hence much pannus:
      Pannus

Ah, well. Close. The failed link does not look right e.g. http & https!

HNY – ‘H’

Michael Lerch avatarMichael Lerch
      Participant

Woke up to clear blue skies, slept late. Clouds drifted into the Valley after noon. Heres an overhead from backyard. Happy New Year!

Participant

This is a second NYD picture (more as an exercise for me in how to post images). The previous one was looking NW (I will try again since it failed), this one is looking South with my now familiar cedrus deodora:

https://cloudappreciationsociety.org/wp-content/uploads/album/15566/003A-700x525.jpg

Previous NW picture:

https://cloudappreciationsociety.org/wp-content/uploads/album/15566/002A-700×525.jpg

OK – so it remains for me to work out why one is in-line and one aint.

Vicki Kendrick avatarVicki Kendrick
        Participant

I don’t know to post an image…how did you do it?

Michael Lerch avatarMichael Lerch
      Participant

@Vicki..Get your photo down to about Post card size ( around 5×7) and save it to your desktop. Then log in here and then click on your “Name field “up in the very upper right hand corner of this page. You should be sent to “your page” . There should be the word ” album” there for you to click on.about mid page. Since there is nothing in your album,click on the Up load Photograph or is it Upload Picture..anyway, click on the Upload option that is farthest UP the page.. Your desktop drop down should appear. Find your foto and click on it..and then click the Open.Now click on the lowest Upload Picture..Your foto should appear by itself. Now click on Album. There is your foto in the album..Now..click on foto and a drop down should appear..click on Save Image Address. that address you will paste in the ” IMG” drop down of any reply or original post . Remember to erase or delete the http// business in the IMG drop down before You paste the image address there. Put whatever u want in the next drop down..its not important but u have to put something there. Now click the yellow submit. If you don’t like what u see, u can edit your post..i think one time. You are allowed up to 20 fotos in your album,,for now.

The whole deal is easier (for me) if You use two search/engines..I use Safari (apple) to upload from desktop to album and Firefox to cut/paste image address to Post. Nothing gets lost and its a bit quicker.

have fun!
      Michael

Participant

Yeah, I knew it was tricky. I will note the use of the two different ‘Upload Picture’, MikeL, I think that must have been one of my problems. (I was pressing everything and taken by surprise when something happened. I suspect there is a time lag as well).

Vick, when you click on ‘The Cloud Forum’ you always go to the index and the first item is always ‘Uploading an image’. But I have struggled with it coming from my Windows Picture Library.

One thing I do know is that when you ‘Submit’ (yellow box, bottom right) your post you can edit it as many times as you like, but there is a time limit set – currently one hour, I think.

Dying to see you pictures, now, Vicki!

Good Luck ‘H’

Vicki Kendrick avatarVicki Kendrick
        Participant

Thank you both so much for your help!

Andrew Pothecary avatarAndrew Pothecary

I was in bed at 7.30 New Year’s Eve, though awake at midnight with a cold and slight fever. (Thank you Radio 4 and Jarvis Cocker for a beautiful programme to glide into midnight!)

I seem to remember just grey skies for much of new year (I was on holiday in the UK and staying with a friend). So I’m going to cheat and post one of the few pics I had the energy to take all holiday, and post a January 4th sunrise shot. New year, but not new year’s day.

Participant

Well worth waiting for, Poth.

‘H’

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.