Moderating

Moderating

Forums The Cloud Forum Moderating

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author

Many thanks, Gini, for offering to continue helping with moderation. I am going to keep things simple at first and have just one forum. Would you therefore be up for initially being one of the moderators on this general forum?

If so, I’ll upgrade your user role to Moderator, which means that you can edit and move posts. You’ll be able to delete a post, change someone’s reply to become the start of a new discussion, mark a post as spam, etc.

If any of our other regular forum contributors think they might be able to help out with a bit of moderating here and there, it would be fantastic. Just let me know here, and I’ll upgrade your user roles. Look what you’ll get in the post:

Forum Moderator Badge

Gini Wells avatarGini Wells
      Participant

Very happy to carry on being a general moderator – but I’m only doing it for the badge, you understand!! I’m a slightly intermittent visitor to the Forum these days, though I hope to be more present during the coming year, so I hope some of the other Moderators will continue to keep an eye on things as well. The Forum has generally been a place entertaining and erudite observations and conversations – long may it continue to be so.

Happy New Year – Happy New Forum

BHARATI MUTHU avatarBHARATI MUTHU

Hi ! Can you give some guidance how to moderate – which group ?

– Barti

Gini,
      New Year, new forum, indeed! Following our email correspondence, your badge is in the post. Many thanks for agreeing to contribute!

Gini, I’ve lost the envelope somewhere so your badge hasn’t gone yet. Doh! I’ll send another after the weekend…

Participant

Never mind Gavin – I shall await next week’s post with joyous anticipation! Thank you for alerting me :)

Søren Hauge avatarSøren Hauge

Thanks Gavin, for being admitted here in the test phase:) Having a badge already from the Cloudspotter App Moderator Team I don’t need another badge :) But if I have room for varied degrees of presence I could also help here as moderator. I am inclined to take upon me (too) many responsibilities, so I will limit myself and say that I volonteer as moderator here in the spirit of relaxed helpfulness…. if it makes sense :)

One question: Would it not be an idea to have a Moderator Forum in itself? It seems that there are many sub-themes making it relevant in itself. I think it could perhaps be inconvenient to have many things in just one thread. It could be side by side with this Forum. Just an idea :)

Great news, Søren. Thanks so much for offering to help out when you happen to have some time. I am not looking for any big commitment from any of the forum moderators – just the ability to tweak something if you happen to notice it when looking at the Cloud Forum. I will make you a moderator.

I think it is a good idea to have a separate group for Moderators to discuss Forum-related issues. I will look into it this week, as i believe it is something that is easy to set up. Only logged-in moderators will be able to see the forum. As you know, I am looking into this also for the moderators of the CloudSpotter iPhone app. Both could be a helpful way of us all staying in touch. I’ll be in touch here once I’ve worked out whether it is easy to get set up.

Perfect. Thanks. Having now stressed my “relaxed commitment” I might be more active than stated. But thanks for the freedom.

I think the Moderator Forum as separate it great. As long as one can change forum easy its a nice thing. Actually being here is better than on Facebook. So I warmly support it!

As well as setting you both as moderators, I have just invited you to the private Cloud Forum Moderators group, which has its own Forum, and is only visible to other Forum moderators. This is a useful functionality of our new forum system. You should have received invitation emails with activation links.

Participant

Thank you, Gavin – I have accepted, with pleasure! And thank you for the badge – another talking point with which I hope to snare the interest of curious acquaintances and get them looking skywards.

Participant

I have accepted the invitation to join the Cloud Forum Moderators Group, Gavin, and have been trying to find it on the CAS website/Forum with no luck. Am I being very dense (probably) or is there a particular route I need to go to find it?

William A Edmundson avatarWilliam A Edmundson
      Participant

Glad to be here.

Participant

Gavin, How should we go about posting images here?

Bill, there is a guide by Gavin in the Forum

The thread: uploading an image. And it works :-)

Participant

I’d be Happy to Moderate :)

Many thanks for this, wowlife. It is very kind of you to offer to help. I will upgrade you to a Moderator!

Thank you Gavin ! Excited to get into the Clouds of Discussion :)

Rgds,

Barti

Mike Rubin avatarMike Rubin

I used to be moderator in the old forum before going quiet for a while as I was too busy to keep up. I’d be happy to return to moderating duties if desired when I get some time.

Liking the new forum now I’ve had a chance to log in with my new credentials. A big improvement over the old Network54 one so far.

-Mike (FlyByWire)

That’s great news, Mike. Many thanks. It would be a real help if you can take a look whenever you happen to have a moment. I have made you a Moderator, and will invite you to join the Moderators private group. Best wishes!

Mike Rubin avatarMike Rubin

OK cool! I just noticed on a refresh that lots more links appeared. And thanks for changing my nickname to FlyByWire! I’m off to bed now to go dream of flying above the clouds (I haven’t soared since October and miss it – can’t wait for Spring) and will look out for the invite tomorrow.

-Mike

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.