Looking for information for a theatre play about Howard en Lamarck

Looking for information for a theatre play about Howard en Lamarck

Forums The Cloud Forum Looking for information for a theatre play about Howard en Lamarck

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Roeland Dekkers avatarRoeland Dekkers
      Participant

Dear Cloud admires,

Since my childhood I am fascinated by clouds. Nothing can make me more happy than staring at the sky and looking and naming the clouds. Working in the theatre I am always interested in the story behind things. So, when I read about the history of cloud classifications it drew my attention. Two scientists working on the same topic, in the same decade and then one of them is accepted by the scientific world and the other is so called forgotten, up until recently. What tragedy! When I read that they never met, I decided to write a play about this fictional situation. A meeting between Luke Howard and Jean-Baptiste de LaMarck.

If anyone can help me with information on those two man, their lives, their biography, or any other source I would me most grateful.

Yours sincerely,

Roeland Dekkers
      Amsterdam

Roeland Dekkers avatarRoeland Dekkers
      Participant

lamarckLuke-Howard

the two protagonist: Jean-Baptiste de Lamarck and Luke Howard, Both commited and fascinated by clouds but never met in person.

Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
      Participant

That is a great idea and initiative Roeland.

Lamarck lacked recognition in the end. I found next links about him and his role in the development of the theory of evolution as a biologist. He died unfortunately in poverty.

Understanding Evolution (Berkeley)

Jean-Baptiste Lamarck (1744-1829)

Lots of success with your play.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.