Inspirational Cloud

Inspirational Cloud

Forums The Cloud Forum Inspirational Cloud

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Michael Lerch avatarMichael Lerch
      Participant

The idea of a 3d printer for cloud pictures popped into my head while studying this photograph.
      bw

Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
      Participant

It’s intriguing that the waves are made visible by the cloud but are presumably there in the atmosphere without cloud?

Michael Lerch avatarMichael Lerch
      Participant

hygge…Sure,its all in the physics. Moisture has to be in the atmosphere, which in the desert here, doesn’t always seem to be true. So opposing or counter air currents can be present and yet no waves made .Yes, they would be invisible. I try to see the sky in the desert here as populated by ” blobs” of moisture. There can be two towers of soaring nimbus, seemingly close together, yet only one produces pileaus, as an example. Lenticulars seem to me to travel in groups or areas. etc..A Cloud Mobile,,of undulatus rather than the fluffy cumulus..mite be interesting.

Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
      Participant

This discussion made me think of the Cheshire Cat:

The Cat only grinned . . .” “Well! I’ve often seen a cat without a grin,” thought Alice; “but a grin without a cat! It’s the most curious thing I ever saw in all my life!”.

3D clouds would give indeed a very different view on clouds since perspective is not well seen from the ground level. That’s one of the reasons the appearance of clouds can change so quickly and dramatically. And this lack of perspective makes it in turn inspiring looking up from ground level.to whatever clouds are visible.and how they develop.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.