Drone Tornado Video

Drone Tornado Video

Forums The Cloud Forum Drone Tornado Video

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Michael Lerch avatarMichael Lerch
      Participant

This link is to a You Tube Drone Tornado Video…a must see..The tornado is a mild one and thats good . All the elments that make a tornado are there tho..

Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
      Participant

Incredible is a good word for it, Michael. I’m gobsmacked.

I am not familiar with drones so very impressed with the driver/pilot or whatever.

N.B.  My first attempt to watch this video failed so I thought my problem of last year had returned, but second go worked.

Dave Hall avatarDave Hall
        Participant

This is an excellent video. They reckon we might get more drone tornado videos – not just because of the technology, but because of the recent tendency for storms to initiate further east into so-called “Dixie Alley”, where there are more trees (bad chasing territory) … enter the drone! As it happens, I saw a much larger tornado than this EF-0 in Sulphur in 2016. I guess: don’t live in Sulphur!

George Preoteasa avatarGeorge Preoteasa
      Participant

Incredible video. At moments I wondered if it is not just an animation. But I think it’s real. I hope to witness something like that some day.

Speaking of tornadoes, there was one in Romania (my native country). Tornadoes are unheard of in that area.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48119498

But why be so surprised? Romania has a relatively large plain in the south. When I was there last time, I took this picture. It reminded of the larger US great plains. I can picture a tornado forming here:

IMG_0697

Participant

Nice picture, Michael. I remember you saying last year that you were originally from Romania as I once went there, SE coast, for a holiday (probably while Ceaucescu (sorry if wrongly spelt) was still there). Your picture reminds me of the Danube Delta. Again, before my digital camera.

Participant

And Romania is headlined again, Michael

https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/meetings/european-council/2019/05/09/

It’s the London Bus all over – when one eventually comes there will be a second right behind.

Participant

UK gets about 30 tornadoes a year

How often do we get tornadoes in the UK?

I have been in two ‘tornadoes’. A mini one several years ago which ran through Hillier Gardens; I sat it out on a covered seat beside the pond, hearing one bough break nearby but not realising several trees were brought down a few hundred yards away.

Recently the weather forecast talked of Sahara sand. What I got was a brief ‘snowfall’ of small plant material/leaves and a briefer ‘dust devil’ shooting up around a tree 50 yards away, all in about a minute or two.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.