Community Pages

Please accept our new Terms & Conditions before contributing to our Community Pages. Any content you contribute will be publicly visible. We expect contributors to show respect, courtesy and an appreciation of the atmosphere we all share.

Filter Photos:

You have selected:

Main Cloud Types

Other Clouds

Optical Effects

Miscellaneous

Drone Tornado Video

Drone Tornado Video

Forums The Cloud Forum Drone Tornado Video

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Howard Brown avatarhygge.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Michael Lerch avatarMichael
      Participant

This link is to a You Tube Drone Tornado Video…a must see..The tornado is a mild one and thats good . All the elments that make a tornado are there tho..

Howard Brown avatarhygge
      Participant

Incredible is a good word for it, Michael. I’m gobsmacked.

I am not familiar with drones so very impressed with the driver/pilot or whatever.

N.B.  My first attempt to watch this video failed so I thought my problem of last year had returned, but second go worked.

George Preoteasa avatarGeorge Preoteasa
      Participant

Incredible video. At moments I wondered if it is not just an animation. But I think it’s real. I hope to witness something like that some day.

Speaking of tornadoes, there was one in Romania (my native country). Tornadoes are unheard of in that area.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48119498

But why be so surprised? Romania has a relatively large plain in the south. When I was there last time, I took this picture. It reminded of the larger US great plains. I can picture a tornado forming here:

IMG_0697

Howard Brown avatarhygge
        Participant

Nice picture, Michael. I remember you saying last year that you were originally from Romania as I once went there, SE coast, for a holiday (probably while Ceaucescu (sorry if wrongly spelt) was still there). Your picture reminds me of the Danube Delta. Again, before my digital camera.

Howard Brown avatarhygge
        Participant

And Romania is headlined again, Michael

https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/meetings/european-council/2019/05/09/

It’s the London Bus all over – when one eventually comes there will be a second right behind.

Howard Brown avatarhygge
      Participant

UK gets about 30 tornadoes a year

How often do we get tornadoes in the UK?

I have been in two ‘tornadoes’. A mini one several years ago which ran through Hillier Gardens; I sat it out on a covered seat beside the pond, hearing one bough break nearby but not realising several trees were brought down a few hundred yards away.

Recently the weather forecast talked of Sahara sand. What I got was a brief ‘snowfall’ of small plant material/leaves and a briefer ‘dust devil’ shooting up around a tree 50 yards away, all in about a minute or two.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.