Community Pages

Please accept our new Terms & Conditions before contributing to our Community Pages. Any content you contribute will be publicly visible. We expect contributors to show respect, courtesy and an appreciation of the atmosphere we all share.

Filter Photos:

You have selected:

Main Cloud Types

Other Clouds

Optical Effects

Miscellaneous

Crepuscular Rays – 7 photos to enjoy.

Crepuscular Rays – 7 photos to enjoy.

Forums The Cloud Forum Crepuscular Rays – 7 photos to enjoy.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Laurence Green avatarLaurence Green
      Participant

7 nice photos taken on 10th April, Wednesday, of crepuscular rays (sunbeams) in the early morning.

Images from BBC’s Weather Watchers website.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weatherwatchers/article/47879908/crepuscular-rays-light-up-the-dawn-sky

Laurence

Howard Brown avatarhygge
      Participant

Very enjoyable pictures, Laurence – the first one really hits you. Is it chance they were all on Wed morning or simply not surprising, I wonder.

Glad you popped up – I was fearing you were sucked into that black hole…

Participant

Thanks, Hygge,

No!  Thanks be!  I am still here (for good or bad?!?) and not sucked into that widely reported black hole.  I am here comfortably in Yate, South Gloucestershire and still able to enjoy the CAS website, praise be!

I hope I am not too early but I would like to wish to you, and all CAS members, including all at the CAS, a very happy and enjoyable Easter.  I hope all have a lovely, peaceful and restful time.

Best wishes.

Laurence

Participant

Hi Hygge

Getting back to your previous posting about the Black Hole I think you will find this of interest.

The image appeared today (27 April) on the NASA APOD webpage and shows the first time a black hole photographed.

Here it is:-

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap190427.html

Thankfully, I was not sucked into its Stygian depths and thankfully still here on planet Earth!

Laurence

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.