Colorado Storm Clouds

Colorado Storm Clouds

Forums The Cloud Forum Colorado Storm Clouds

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Matthew Gore avatarMatthew Gore
      Participant

As I was driving along near Boulder, CO, a couple of years ago, a storm was rolling in from the plains to the east and the sun was setting over the mountains to the west. The clouds were pretty enough that I pulled over to take photos twice as the light and clouds changed.

– Matthew

Storm Clouds in Colorado at Sunset

Isabel Polledo avatarIsabel Polledo
      Participant

Won
      Der
      fUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
      Participant

This is definitely one of my favourites, Matthew, and blows up well. I never saw anything like it when I was in Boulder, though that was in my pre-CAS days. I am no photographer, but apart from the obviously striking clouds and lighting, that horizon line with three objects (a nodding donkey and, perhaps, two cows) really adds to the picture.

Many thanks, ‘H’

Matthew Gore avatarMatthew Gore
      Participant

Thanks! These were actually taken just a bit north of Lafayette, CO, if you know the Boulder area. I was very lucky to catch that flare of color… the light and clouds were changing very rapidly. This shot was taken no more than 5 minutes before the photo above, at the same location (but with more of an emphasis on the foreground)… and it was still just your typical, golden late afternoon light. It wasn’t until the sun dropped into some clouds (maybe smoke from a forest fire) that the color started to get good.

more colorado clouds

– Matthew

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.