You have selected:

Main Cloud Types

Other Clouds

Optical Effects

Miscellaneous

Color Thread Vol. VII

Color Thread Vol. VII

Forums The Cloud Forum Color Thread Vol. VII

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Keelin Keelin 7 hours, 30 minutes ago.

• Author
    Michael
    Michael
    Participant

Keelin brought Vol 6 to its  100th  photo !  Allow me to begin Volume 7!july1417b4316Art

Hans Stocker
    Hans Stocker
    Participant

Great start of Vulume VII Michael. And wow what a great ending of Volume VI by you Keelin A great picture with a fantastic dreamy view on the coast of Alaska. A mysterious source of light at the horizon and some calm waves, all in deep blues. Love it.

2018-06 Wolken_0102-2

Winds

Keelin
    Keelin
    Participant

Thanks for kind words and a great launch to VII, Michael and Hans!

For a few moments, Hans, I wondered if the winds were bringing us a new image our old friend who crosses the pond from time to time. But this is as far as it got — just a possi-billyg.

IMG_4918_Portrait In Progress?

Portrait In Progress?

Michael
    Michael
    Participant

Arizona Color #701

july0116b5880Nimbus

Keelin
    Keelin
    Participant

Michael, is #701 taken with your new camera? The definition is amazing! You’ve really captured the feeling of these magnificent clouds.

Below, the sky displays a completely different mood.

IMG_2306_A Different Mood

PS: Hans, congratulations on your Cirrocumulus with sundog selected as Cloud Of The Month!

Michael
    Michael
    Participant

Keelin..Thanks but that pic was taken in 2017..same lens as I use today but  different camera body. Same condition exist  as i type , just add a bolt of lightning every 30 seconds. Monsoon came back after a 3 week vacation. The thunder is approaching the constant level..a constant rumble…I was watching it  a little while ago. Quite a show…anyway…quite the mood there!

Arizona Color #702

july3018b4195Prea

Hans Stocker
    Hans Stocker
    Participant

Keelin, I love your possi-billyg (or Portrait In Progress). To me it is certi-billyg. Great find! And thanks about the cloud of the month. I am pleasantly surprised about it, also in a second way, for I did not sent it in myself. It is a spotting from the Cloudspotter app taken with the phone. Shortly Gavin started to post the pictures of the day on the gallery (and this one was ‘just” candidate picture of the day). Nice to do so I think. Anyway I like the explanation accompanying the picture. There are always new things to learn about clouds.

Arizona Color #701 is a monumental cauliflower of a cloud Michael. Overwhelming details.

Indeed quite the mood on your last two posts Keelin and Michael. They make a perfect pair.

2018-03-20 ev Wolken_0071 asr c klein c

Wings

Keelin
    Keelin
    Participant

Nicely subdued peachy glow in your AZ #703, Michael. And Wings has got to be a favorite, Hans. Love the fleeting movement and also the twin flyers at the top.

IMG_5023_A Touch Of CirroA Touch Of Cirro

Michael
    Michael
    Participant

Arizona Color# 703  ..a straight up overhead shot  of “roiling cloud”

july2818b4055Cum

Keelin
    Keelin
    Participant

Wow, Michael, an amazing shot! I smile to imagine you with camera held steadily aloft, the thought of an umbrella nowhere in mind. Nothing dramatic going on here, so really appreciate your sharing monsoon images with us.

Below, a soft cloud with a bit of highlight at twilight.

IMG_2225_Highlight At Twilight

Michael
    Michael
    Participant

Keelin ..I’ve seen a few of the lightning strikes stories in the news and on the internutz which seem part of the slow summer news cycles ,,but thats enough to make me realize one drop of rain is telling me its time to go,,and who wants to get the camera wet? I’ve noticed lightning seems to follow the rain. Perhaps the wet acts like an conduit or easy path of least resistance for the lightning to get around. In any case Soft clouds or Sharp,one drop of rain is all it takes for me to be inside.

Arizona Color# 704

july1017b4134Art

Keelin
    Keelin
    Participant

Glad to hear you put safety first, Michael. Undoubtedly the wiser approach is sometimes retreat! And you’ve captured a beautiful cloud collage above, a lovely study in blues.

Below, another shot from last week’s display of Cirrocumulus here.

IMG_5076_More Cirrocumulus

Michael
    Michael
    Participant

Arizona Color#705

july0418b3111Len

hongmeiyuan
    Participant

6FBE5371-BDB7-47BD-8F30-1479D5103E06

Keelin
    Keelin
    Participant

A dramatic scene you’ve captured there, Hongmeiyuan! It looks as if your feet at the time may have been right up there with those splendid clouds. A warm welcome to the forum and hope to see more images from you in days to come.

Below, the sky had a rather dusty look that day, but I don’t suppose we should call these “Linticularis”.IMG_5492_"Linticularis"

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.